1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Romance is dead

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by parkwaydrive2013, 28 Nov 2013.

1. parkwaydrive2013

parkwaydrive2013 What's a Dremel?

heya guys first off this is a hello as im new to the forum :D. This is also my first build for myself and i wanted to make it more than just a normal pc :D.

here is a picture of my first ever build i did for a freind of mine about a month ago... this is also what got me hooked into building pcs insteas of just playing on them :D

[​IMG]

i was really happy with this as my first build as i went into it blind and didnt have a clue :)

anyway enough of that

I wanted to make something a little special to me and a little different. i had a good look around the forums and seen what people were building. i noticed not alot of people did band style builds so i thought why not ill give it a go.

i based my build on my fave band and also my username :p good old parkway drive.

so i had a little look around at ideas and colour schemes ect and went with a blue black and white build.

first off was the case which im having custom made by my good freinds over at parvum....currently i dont have any pictures of it as im picking it up at i50.

so i thought i would leave you with a little teaser of my ideas and whats going into it

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz
    Asus Radeon R9 280X DirectCUII x2
    Corsair AX860i
    Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI GENE
    Samsung 250GB SSD 840 EVO
    Corsair Vengeance Pro

the only thing im not that happy about is the motherboard as it doesnt match the colour of the build but i dont want to sacrafice performance over a colour and most of it wont be visable once put together i have a few ideas.

first up is the grills for the radiators here is a image of the band name for those of you that dont know the band

[​IMG]

i sent this over to a mate of mine who did a few render ideas for me i was more than impressed

here is the 240
    [​IMG]

and the 360
    [​IMG]

now time to get them cut and also by my first sponsor :D :D
    [​IMG]

this is the final product before painting and a truly amazing job

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these have now been sent off to be painted buy dave at rigmods who did a perfect colour match to the mayhems pastel i am going to be using in the build

[​IMG]

well guys thats all i have for now there will be more after the i50 event once i pick my case up at the weekend i how i have interested you guys and some feedback would be awsome :rock:

2. parkwaydrive2013

i have had a very busy few weeks and as a result not much on the build front. i have also been working on a build for my old man as a christmas pressie so my attention has been towards that..... dave has now finished my fan grills and here is the finished result

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i have received a couple of teaser pictures from the guys who are doing my case for me. its time to let the cat out of the bag this build is going to be made in a custom extended parvum :D! i spoke to these guys a few months ago not knowing that justin was actually a very good freind from my childhood i coudlnt beleve it so we had a chat about a few ideas and a few weeks later i recived these little teasers ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This really is a work of art and so much respect for this little business which is growing and growing every day as more and more people see this beautiful work they produce. massive thumbs up from me keep up the good work parvum you guys deserve to go far with the amount of hard work and love put into your company and designs :)

3. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Nice man, good start will be keeping an eye on this one! :)

4. y0gi

y0gi What's a Dremel?

Love Parkway! :rock: Looking forward to more! :D

5. parkwaydrive2013

heya guys sorry its taken so long to do a update but i have been rather busy coming up to christmas plus been waiting on parts :D. this is going to be another small update with some more teasers of the case plus a little idea of whats going into the build. first up the case

parvum sent me out the case minus one panel as it needs to be changed slightly due to me changing my mind about certain components going into the build... im a pain in the ass :)

the engraving on the case and the midwall is just insane i love it i also like the little supprise they did for me of making the midwall frosted so i can fit some leds into the back of the case and hopefully get the whole wall to let the light travel through it :) here is a few pics

delivery day ... it was a good day :)
    [​IMG]

this is the front window finished :D ignore the pink colour its just the lighting in my room and the protective film on the window :)
    [​IMG]

the frosted midwall with romance is dead down the side of it :) can anyone else notice something different with this midwall aswell ? ;)
    [​IMG]

closeup of the romance is dead txt :)
    [​IMG]

thats all im going to show you of the case for now untill its buit .... but here is some rad airbush work on my ....welll rads ^^

[​IMG]

grill test fit over the 360
    [​IMG]

in one of the final stages now :D
    [​IMG]

and last here are a few pictures of whats going into the build after my little shopping trip to overclockers the weekend :D

xspc love :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sexy 170mm res

[​IMG]

hope u enjoy these photos guys sorry they are all teasers but i am waiting for last parts so i can make a start on the actually build its killing me :)

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Nice kit so far dude, can't wait to see it all come together.

7. parkwaydrive2013

heya guys back again and time for another update..

the second rad is now complete i am now awaiting them to cure so they can be posted to me here is a couple of shots of the 240 rad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it matches the artwork from the album so well im very happy with this design and think it will set the case off nicely ... which bbrings me to my next photos .... the case .... its here ;D!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

see through mid wall ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nice window for the gpus in the roof

[​IMG]

talking of gpus here is whats going in mine

[​IMG]

got to work on them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ooooohhhh the twins

[​IMG]

the ram i shall be using

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just a test fit to see how much room i have to play with .... not alot it seems :p

[​IMG]

more pics to come im just waiting on a few more parts :D thanks for looking and another update soon :)

8. WaRn00b™

WaRn00b™ bit-tech addict

Epic build thus far and an epic band as well! :rock::rock::rock:

Subbed for MOAR!! :)

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Those rad grilles are schwiiiiiiinnnnngg!!! :rock:

10. parkwaydrive2013

heya guys sorry it has been a while ive been waiting on parts ... still am had to order new parts and also came across a couple of problems but here we go my next update and i also have a new camera so slightly better pictures :D

first off i would like to show u my sexy waterblocks i used XSPC for everything apart from the mosfet and pump top and i have to say their waterblocks are awsome they were perfect on my build as the plates were removable and easy to work with

i had a little play about with some vinyl and came up with this :D

[​IMG]

looks so nice with the plates on

[​IMG]

the twins

[​IMG]

ok so once my radiators and that turned up i came into my first problem....once i fitted the 240mm rad on the side wall with the corsair af fans ...the 360 wouldnt fit in the bottom as the fans were 2 thick. so i took them off... fit the 240 back in and then it the 360 in... fine all fits lovely. think to myself ill worry about cooling the 240 later lets get the fans on the 360.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now with these fans on and the grill ... i cant get the 8 pin in the mobo for the cpu. i have ordered some thinner fans as i have now relised this is what XSPC did on their custom parvum build so i shall be following in their footsteps on that one :) but it still doesnt help me with the 240 rad i mean look at the gap lol

[​IMG]

ive been ripping my hair out on what to do all night and most of today trying to work out a way around it so any ideas welcome it was getting to the point i was like screw it they are going on the outside of the case :p.

so anyway next i dry fitted the gpus...look sexy they really do but the wont sit perfect in the pcie slots i think this is due to the backplate on the lower gpu catching on the white clips for the ram so i may have to remove that plate or cut a section out of the back of it .. here are some shots of it in anyway

[​IMG]

i removed the fans for now and just used the grills so i can get some nice pics. would be fine if i didnt need fans haha

[​IMG]

sorry about the lighting ... was about 3 in the morning and i had a orange light above me haha

[​IMG]

my custom roof window so u can see the gpu looking at you ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some sexy sleeving done by our good man on the forums Dave. im also waiting for a 24 pin from him should be in the post as we speak :D!.. sorry the cables are a mess dave i just placed them to see where im going to run the wires ect

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sexy monsoon compression fittings nom nom nom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dry fitting all the angles making sure the loop in my head would work .. i think it will

[​IMG]

cheeky ek pump top with monsoon ;)

[​IMG]

well thats about it for now guys thankyou for reading and hope u enjoyed the update here is one final picture of the build progress

[​IMG]

TTFN!!!!

11. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Looks like a very nice detailed build.
    MWM did a cracking job on the painting of the radiator as well.

I would personally have the front and rear panel redone in the correct type of blue plexiglass or paint them in the correct shade of blue. They kinda stick out now.

12. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

Drool! And you have just resurrected romance with this build.

13. myrizzle

myrizzle What's a Dremel?

Nice build, i like everything in the build except the "grill" on the bottom radiator :)

14. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

That's some outstanding artwork. Shame the other gpu can't be seen.

15. TekLord

TekLord Tek by Design

Amazing. Totally subbed.