1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam DayZ Thread (Standalone)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 18 Dec 2013.

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thanks Otis

I am leaning more towards Dayz now but wont be picking this up until the end of December when i get paid

Then i will join you guys for some survival fun :thumb:

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

[​IMG]

Me before logging last night.
    That M4 is as accurate as you can get it at the moment i think.
    Stock butstock, CQB one is more stable but is worse for long range.
    Magpull for-grip and bipod.
    With a red dot scope and 40 round mag! really want to find a second 40 round mag to tape togeather to make a 80 round mag! :D

Oh and a bayonet for badassery

Last edited: 23 Dec 2013
  3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I came upon that ship while playing with two friends on a pitch black night. Scouting out the inner labyrinth of staircases and corridors with flashlights in hand was intense.

There's also a new set of barracks in Zelenogorsk. And another military base south of the NW airfield. This makes for quite the little loot corridor, turning Kamenka into one of the best spawns for quick access to military loot.

And relating to the above: the attachments are pretty cool but man are they wonky right now. Silencer confirmed for placeholder, bipod seems useless, bayonet useless beyond opening cans, and above all... attaching two 30 round mags to each other does not make a 60 round magazine. :duh: There's also an ACOG sight out there if you can find one!

Last edited: 23 Dec 2013
  4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

[​IMG]

Bit-tech team today just before we raided the airfield.
    Another good go tonight, half of us got wiped out in Zelenogorsk, pretty mad fire fright there. But we won! :D

5. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

Yer me and meadsy had fun wiping at that 2 man squad hauled up in the green building.

I see some good adventures forthcoming.

Here are images you wanted otis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 24 Dec 2013
  6. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

haha excellent! :D
    Ill be on again soon!

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Has anyone managed to break a leg yet? Given how [frustratingly] common it was in DayZ mod I've been a little amazed at having gone this whole time without breaking one. I did a little science to test in "controlled" conditions:

Result:
    -No leg broken. Granted, it may not be a guaranteed break with every shot but it's evidence.
    -Free look without moving seems to stop applications of items. This is supported by other non-recorded incidents.
    -Already known, but for anyone who hasn't noticed yet, saline restores health.

Other unrecorded tests:
    -Single .45 ACP to the chest while wearing Assault Vest. Result? Instant death.
    -Filling canteen with disinfectant spray? Not possible.
    -Filling syringe with fluid from an "Injection Vial"? Didn't provide an inject option to either the holder or other players. Syringe stated it was filled with a clear liquid.

Planned tests:
    -Hemolytic Shock And You!
    -Handcuff Breakout!
    -Ballistic Helmet, Fact or Fiction!

8. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

A zombie broke my leg :( but from about 21 hours of play so far that is the only time.

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I'm glad I didn't throw away my morphine just yet!

I'm also very keen on experiencing a case of brain flu. What I've seen on DayZDB.com says it's a 1% chance on hit to catch.

10. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

not sure its fully implemented yet, but yes you can become infected and you must find or make the cure within a time limit or you will...... become one of them! :O

But like i said, its to be added i think, its not in the current alpha.

11. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Bought it today,
    Have no idea what to do.
    I need help please.

I ran to the nearest village, a zombie hit me and I bled out

12. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

im also thinking of buying it, played the mod at a friends server but we kept being killed by asshats with guns ( to the point that we died through players more than zombies )

13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I have been playing a bit of the Dayz MOD and realized why i left it, it is just mental playing lone wolf and that is how i mainly play sadly. Too many people shoot on sight and never give you a chance.

If i am to buy this game i must team up to enjoy it more.

14. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Panomama, Get your self on to the bit-Tech team on TS!

We totally wont wait till your geared up then lure you into a false sense of securely with us and shoot you in the back of the head and take your kit :naughty:

15. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I don't know about turning into one yet, but supposedly a fatal disease is currently in the game. Source. It's also a really nifty guide for all other status effects and stats.

16. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Just something Rocket was saying about 2 streams ago, but doubt its going to be in game any time soon.

17. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

I've been having a good ol' time making my way North. Started off in Elektro and was immediately down to low blood with the dodgy melee system and some persistent zombies. However I've managed to make my way north with some decent gear (plenty of ammo for the mosin) and the best thing is I've met three friendly players on the way.

The last one I met managed to give me one of my saline kits so I'm back up to full health around Stary, hopefully I'll be able to join up with the rest of you guys over the next day or two.

The best thing about the Standalone is the interactions with other players and the higher portion of friendlies. Maybe I've just had a good experience but I've met very few KOS bandits so far. Still, I'm sure NWAF will be a different matter.

Also it seems you can spray disinfectant on food and drink so that could be very interesting for tricking friendly players. Unfortunately the guys I've met so far have been too nice.

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I spawned after my latest death and am completely lost I do believe I am on the west side running north.

Decided to log as I was getting tired. :Lol:

Will try and meet some of you guys in game at some point.

The Mothership

19. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

holy crap, Telltale, you're alive?

Sunday, 10am at cherno supermarket, for old times sake?

20. ninjaplease

ninjaplease I don't know what I'm doing

Looks like I'm a bit late to the party but I've been a bit-tech member for a while and I've just started trying out online gaming and yeah DayZ was something I was looking to try but I'm not too keen on the idea of running around for hours trying to piece together some clothing just to get shot in the face by some 12 year old.

TL;DR is there a bit-tech server or one y'all go to regularly? Also to those that have the standalone alpha, would you recommend it?

My steam account is the same username as this one.

Last edited: 26 Dec 2013