1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Iomega 1tb Home Network drive (Cloud Edition)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by treker_ed, 29 Dec 2013.

1. treker_ed

treker_ed What's a Dremel?

Recently had to re-start the above named drive, and when it had re-booted it was not recognized at all. Seems this is a common fault with these drive, in that when re-booting, the "OS" partition can become corrupted and then loses all the data (well only in so far as you cannot access the drive anymore - the data is still there but in an unreadable format)

Does anyone know a way of being able to restore the drives OS, or being able to read the data. I know it's the drive that's faulty as I have tested the enclosure with another drive that was owned by a friend (who bought it after I had shown them what was possible with my drive.....).

Ideally a non destructive method as I do have pictures that I need to recover, it failed before I was able to do a backup so my most recent stuff (last month or so) was on it!

Thanks in advance.

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

have you tried accessing it with a Linux live disk, they can read almost any type of partition out there

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Remove the hard drive from the enclosure. Plug it in to your computer. If its not ntfs formated chances are youll be able to get at it from a linux live cd as was already mentioned.

4. treker_ed

treker_ed What's a Dremel?

will this work with the drive in a usb 3 docking station? or does it physically need to be plugged into one of the sata ports inside the computer?

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

yes it probably will.

Edit:....work with the usb 3 dock

Last edited: 2 Jan 2014