1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project "Frostbite" - Primochill Wetbench - Loop pics - 9/1/2014

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by humanityBG, 7 Nov 2013.

1. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Yup,Hans is right,you have it set up to fight each other Desi.

2. humanityBG

humanityBG King of Hell.

Thanks for the tip guys! < Newbie mistake :D

Thank you! I hope it looks as good as it does in the render :D

3. k.3nny

k.3nny Minimodder

Looing verry good! happy to see you modding eventually :D!

4. humanityBG

humanityBG King of Hell.

It was about time really! :D I've been doing 3D mods for a long time, was about damn time I moved into real-life stuff lol

5. Dk_vr

Dk_vr What's a Dremel?

Welcome to Bittech and congrats for the lovely pictures.

6. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Love that bench

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Primochill should release that bench in aluminium. Modern laser cutters manage up to 12mm thickness these days; shouldn't be much more expensive to make.

8. humanityBG

humanityBG King of Hell.

Hey dudes!

It's been a while since I've made an update to the log, but I've finally had some more time to take photos, leak test, unbox some cool products and generally relax over the holidays!

So, this first post will be a few picture of a few products I got from the awesome guys at Cooler Master! They were kind enough to join to project as Sponsors with their uber-epic new line of aluminium peripherals!

[​IMG]

So, around the 28th I got a phone call from UPS aaaaand a very big package arrived at my doorstep.

[​IMG]

So. Without any further delay, let's get to the goodies inside it!

First off, we have all three pieces... The boxes have some awesome design to them and showcase how good everything inside looks!

[​IMG]

I got the CM Storm Reaper, CM Storm Mech and CM Storm Pulse-R (just the sound of those names makes me tingle inside!)

I'm going to write my initial impressions about each product below, so do have a read!

First off, we have the Pulse-R!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The CM Storm Pulse-R is an amazingly comfortable headset! It fits snug over your ears and provides an insane level of noise cancellation!. The headset connect via (what I believe is) a proprietary connect at the base of the left ear pad and has a two jack and USB connector on the other end. Sound quality has been amazing so far as I tested it in multiple FPS games like Battlefield 4, ArmA 2 and 3 and the new DayZ Standalone. I'm yet to test the mic quality, but that will be soon. Music sounds epic as well on these!

Next up is the CM Storm Reaper!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's insanely comfortable, has 3 programmable buttons on the side, as well as 2 other on the top. It's easy to use as a palm-grip mouse as well as a claw-grip. My hands are fairly large and the mouse fits them perfect for a palm-grip (my preferred type). DPI goes all the way to 8200 although I'm more on the 5600-range-type-gamer. The diamond-knurl scroll wheel never loses it's grip and although it was strange at first is very easy to get used to!

Last, but not least... the CM Storm Mech... The last keyboard you will ever buy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was super easy to transition to the new MX Blue switches I got with my Mech keyboard. The black frame around the keyboard doubles as a carrying handle and palm rest and it is the most comfortable keyboard I've used in years! The backlit keys are in white and they have a few modes (Breathing, Always on and WAS/Macro-only). The removable aluminium plate is probably the best part of this keyboard. You can take it off with the supplied allen key, which I believe is an M2 and repaint/customize to your liking!

Now, speaking of personalizing... These are all getting powder coated in snow white, to match the entire build.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say these are by far the most comfortable peripherals I have used in years. I've used maybe 4 different companies so far, but these have proven superior to every other from day one! I will still post a more thorough "review" once I get some more use on them!

I'll leave you with a picture of my desk setup. Please ignore my old TV-slash-monitor... I'll get it upgraded as soon as I'm done with this build :)

[​IMG]

Again, huge thanks goes out to Cooler Master for coming on board. I love you guys and will without a doubt never use any other brand. Ever. :)

Update on the loop coming in as soon as I edit my photos :)

Cheers!

9. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Looks great Des!

10. MykSilentShadow

MykSilentShadow What's a Dremel?

Looking good mate!! can't wait to see the powder coat work :D

11. Scare

Scare What's a Dremel?

nice keyboard

12. humanityBG

humanityBG King of Hell.

So, I did some leak finally got around to uploading pics of the loop! for now, the loop is finished. It had no leaks, apart from one small one that i was able to fix easily.

Working with the Primochill Revolver fittings and Rigid tubing was an epic breeze!

So, without further delays, here's the loop! (I had to cheat at one bend with a 90degree adapter from EK... don't kill me :D)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you guys like it! I think as my first ever loop it turned out pretty well! I know there's some stuff that could be improved, like shortening the Pumpto-Rad link, but I was really eager to leak test so I rushed it a little :D

Also there's a small change of plans (which really isn't that small)... Since KFA2 have ended the life of my GTX770 LTD OC, I'll upgrading the GPUs to KFA2/Galaxy 780Ti HoF 3GB when they hit the shelves!

Next up - sleeving... that's going to be a challenge as well! :)

Until the next update!

13. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Looking good Desi,maybe trim the tubing down and bring it all a bit lower?

Tidy Work!

14. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

A good job dude. Considering I'm not as keen on bending acrylic this is a great example of doing it well.

15. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

yes very tidy i want to try the acryilc some time this year

16. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

I read through this thread last year, but it seems I didn't comment on here after all. I meant to comment since I liked the concept a lot.

Glad to see that you're back and also that you've made good progress on the hmm...case?

Like I said, I dig the concept and execution, but this would not work well in my apartment. There just has to be some dust coverage around the components! :hehe:

Darkened

17. humanityBG

humanityBG King of Hell.

Thanks for the kind words mate! :D

It's a pain in the ass to keep dust-free in my apartment as well... have to dust it every week otherwise it's horrible to maintain clean!

Also congrats on your nomination for MotM as well! :D I was totally shocked when I was nominated but sadly I'm on vacation and can't post any progress pics :(

I'll be back in a week or so... so I hope to post some updates by then!

18. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Well deserved words I'd say, but you're welcome.

I can only imagine how much maintenance an open case like this needs, since my non-modded computers in decent cases with dust filters need cleaning at least once a year, preferably more often.

I would be thinking about making a hole in the wall, building a glass-faced display case in the hole and sealing it tight (with well filtered air conditioning though) :hehe:

The MOTM nomination was also a surprise for me as well. A good surprise at that, but a surprise. Congratulations are definitely in order for you as well.

So you'll be back from your vacation in a week...first order of business is to dust the case :D

Darkened