1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I have almost as many EOD bot kills, 38, as I do knife kills, 44. :D

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

You know my Hit Kill % is 85 odd as you are a better shot than me.

Will be around Thursday onwards for BF4. Though Sunday will be a late start as I am in London for the day.

The Mothership

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I'm 22nd in the world for eod kills on BF3 yet I've not gotten a single kill with it on BF4.

61st in the world for SUAV though :)

5. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

i remember back in BF2142 i was 3rd in Canada for Knife Kills...

I miss Bf2142...

6. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

One of my friends is 14th in the UK for Scout Choppers, that's my only claim to fame :lol:

7. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

I was like in the top 1000 snipers in bf2 lol.

8. fix-the-spade

One 250m headshot and the FYJS is mine.

Had 4 left on a round on Paracel, got three from four shots, all over 400m, just one kill left.

Then Cheech and fecking Chong spawn on me, ready to pop some heads. I don't how long they'd been trying, or if they understood the concept of zeroing and target/range finding with the PLD, but neither of them hit a single thing for an entire round.

They also made sure that I didn't hit a single thing for the rest of the round, it's amazing how little people stand still when the Beavis and Butthead of sniping are flinging rounds into the distance as fast as their Interventions can cycle (because of course they had Interventions).

However, it was quite funny watching entire squads dance back and forth as tracers landed ineffectually in the sand near their feet, I wish I'd got it on tape.

9. NIHILO

i hope youre not implying the sr-whateveritis is a noob weapon. its not our fault Dice made it have next to no drop, cant argue with those stats when youre trying to snipe from the spawns on paracel storm conquest(600m from the island to the radio tower thing, the distace is so great the game gets graphical errors on ultra settings, and making a shot requires a bipod)

10. fix-the-spade

It's not the players fault at all, but a disproportionately high number of idiots use that particular rifle. It's a bizarre logic that takes the time and effort to unlock the damn thing, then proceeds to learn nothing about using it. It both frustrating and funny to watch idiots firing shot after shot that falls a bit short with the 'best' sniping weapon in the game.

I prefer the M40, it behaves the same as the BF3 version, so I got on terms with it more or less immediately. 600m is fairly easy with it too, first lower mark on the 20x scope zeroed to 500m.

11. NIHILO

the M40 of course is a solid choice but you cant argue with the SRR-61's drop for long range shot, you just cant beat it :/ what would help balance it would probably be the removal of the straight pull bolt, over-all reducing its ROF, making it less effective at med-close range.

12. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Hi guys looking for some people to play BF4 with I'm mshunter in game too :)

13. NIHILO

ill throw you a friend request when i get home. if youre a good chopper pilot, im a mean gunner.

14. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

So I was nostalgically watching the Bit-tech vs. Aria BF3 matches that Wyx recorded back in the day (for the record, we'll mention that BT went 4-0 :lol:).

Is there a competitive scene for BF4 at the moment? From what I can gather the hit detection is a little dodgy at the mo' in BF4. Has that been affecting people's perspective on what BF4 is; e.g. arcade shooter vs. opportunity for serious skill-based play?

15. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

It's garbage; Fishing in a pool of waste nuke plant water is more competitive. I don't think DICE could make a chess game.

Domination plays like CoD w/o kill streaks. Defuse and Obliteration are retarded, there is no squad Rush, and Conquest plays like another pub round with too much mobility available.

Last edited: 11 Jan 2014
  16. NIHILO

hey jester, i dont mean to be rude, but why dont you just stop playing? if you hate the game THAT much then why continue to play, the only posts you seem to make are to complain about the game. If its THAT bad just stop. And even if you have stopped why bother to post here and rain on our parade?

17. fix-the-spade

Nope, as a competitive game it's more or less unplayable.

A good start would be for DICE to bump up the server ticks to faster than 10Hz, as it stands the high fire rate weapons can kill you faster than the server can keep up with, not much skill in 'get roughly on target, fire, target instantly dies,' Slower weapons like the UMP might not register any hits at all with the server in the same time period that the FAMAS or CZ3 need to register a kill, joy.

BF3 and BC2 ran at 30hz (mostly), so the reasoning behind dropping it by two thirds is beyond me, although it apparently has something to do with improving server stability.

Defuse is completely unplayable competitively thanks to a couple of random camera glitches, plus why would anyone play it when Counter Strike (and Search'n'Destroy) already exists?

18. NIHILO

C4 traps

19. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

I think there's a huge appetite for defuse mode (assuming it was done correctly) but it's just a pity that currently the game has these netcode/hit detection issues. I play a lot of CS (have done since the beta days) but I'd love to see BF challenge the franchise with a properly executed S&D mode, bringing all the power of the frostbite engine with it.

I think the one thing that DICE and EA haven't grasped in the last couple years is how important a competitive scene is to a overall healthy community (see Dota 2, for example, and how awesome Valve has been) or indeed CS.

That said, fingers crossed the patches improve the state of the game over the next month.

Jester is one of the old BF3/CS crew, so his perspective is going to be different to many players. Tbh I have the same perspective as him (although I would temper the way in which I expressed it, haha). @Jester: what you playing these days?

Last edited: 12 Jan 2014
  20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I don't play competitive E Sports in fact my skill level wouldn't permit it.

I enjoy BF4 because you can just enjoy it as it is. Creating your own objectives.

Like last night some of us just decided to hold one point. The team was dire and we just had fun stomping anyone trying to capture that point.

On another note SRAW is awesome. Shooting helis out the sky is hilarious. Though I can't do it with regular RPGs unfortunately.

The Mothership