1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Win Win Win! Bit-Sec needs a logo!

Discussion in 'General' started by Parge, 8 Jan 2014.

1. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Love it. Mission patches are definitely a soft spot of mine.

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Errr guys, these are all looking freaking AWESOME!

3. Parge

Update! Update! Update!

Cloud Imperium Games have kindly offered to donate a hoodie to the Winner, in addition to the prize being offered by us!

Hurrah!

4. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Not a serious entry...I just couldn't resist

[​IMG]

lp rob1 likes this.
  5. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

Chris, I really like that. Plus, we can vary the centre of the badge for each different role in the fleet (black ops, mining, etc)

One thing: at the bottom of the badge the plant is above the purple surround. Is that deliberate?

P.s: I feel like I am doing nothing but criticize in this thread. Sorry :wallbash:

6. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

At least you're giving constructive criticisms.
    Besides, criticism is often good as it helps bring forward ideas that might have otherwise been missed.

7. Chris P

Chris P What's a Dremel?

I might have a play around with some role specific centres, that's an interesting idea!

As for the planet, it was deliberate at the time, although having now tried the purple band all the way around I'm not so sure! What do we think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know the space at the bottom of the purple ring could be used for names / roles. I've also improved the font for the 101011 and for some reason made the inner ring also gold. Feedback welcome :cooldude:

Edit: Re-uploaded the images, as for some reason my colour profile wasn't exported and all the colours went really flat looking.

Last edited: 15 Jan 2014
  8. Parge

Loving this one Chris! Could maybe try it with a slightly brigher red and blues to really make it pop! Buts its great, either way!

9. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

The BIT-SEC tagline could go bottom and centre if the purple is maintained all around?

'E PLURIBUS ANUS', anyone? ha!

10. asura

asura jack of all trades

Just going to drop my (slightly modified) one in here - along with a flight badge for logistics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't get transparency working in photobucket or bit-tech but in the badge, if it's white, it's not there. Equally it could be photoshop not exporting tiffs and pngs properly...

Oh, and apologies for the kerning photoshop's arc text is rubbish so it's all orientated by hand

[​IMG]

done - a mixture of both

Last edited: 15 Jan 2014
  11. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

Had some spare time and this this one quick (again vectorial to suit any size). Nice logos everyone BTW.

[​IMG]

12. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Use the ellipse tool to draw a path, rather than a shape, then use that circular path for the text...

13. pica

pica Space Invader

Being an avid reader of Custom PC, a PC builder and regular on the Bit-Tech site (although only just registered to post on the forums!) AND not to mention being IN LOVE with the work going on at CIG for Star Citizen (already backed —got myself a Super Hornet LTI + Origin Jumpworks 325i), I couldn't really not post something when I saw this.

Seriously, I can't wait for this game: http://www.pica.me.uk/starcitizen/ —not a shameless plug (I'm aware of forum rules), I just want everyone to know how excited I am for this game!

Anyway, logos. Let me know what you think guys. If they're not up to scratch I'll still probably end up using some of them for a motion project I'm working on.

I've kept in the binary part but only in a subtle way 'together as 001', also added the USB icon in one of them (just bringing it back to that PC-ish feel).

They're lacking colour but can currently be used in black and white variations. Looking to add textures/metal sheens to some of them and/or animate them.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

Those are great ones, I was going to write because it looks strange to me to see so few entries. This game promises a lot, I expected more attention.

15. asura

asura jack of all trades

Love the one with the USB logo on it; makes me snicker :p

16. Chris P

Chris P What's a Dremel?

They are some excellent logos Pica!

17. pica

pica Space Invader

Thanks guys. Enjoyed making them! Oh and that's the USB constellation. If you look closely at it in the night sky, you can almost make out a 4GB Flash Drive.

... I don't know what I'm going on about. :S

18. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Very nice pica, those are some very professional and business like logos right there!

19. Tomisama

Tomisama the loyal fanatic

Last But Not Least?

This was my very first idea.

[​IMG]

Then with my wife’s input, and more work, it got better.

[​IMG]

Then I saw what others had done :sigh:

There was so much I liked, a little here, a little there, it was almost unavoidable that I would then try to combine what I felt was the best of the best. With a great deal of more work and the real credit to all those who went before me, I came up with these.

[​IMG]

I am sure you will all be able to recognize those things I liked about your work (not in any particular order).

Numbers and letters from Red, banner idea from Aramil, shield from Cookie, flight trails from Kenny (and Atari), a laugh from Shirty, patch idea from Chris, colored letters from Asura, rockets and borders from Pica. My only real addition to the mix is the star pattern form the movie Prometheus (which I also copied btw).

Color combinations are almost endless considering fill and edge combinations, and I would be available to produce any and all that anyone would ask for. A banner revision has yet to be made, but will be a combination of larger text and stuff inside the bit circle.

Good Luck Everyone.
    Salute!
    Tomi

20. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

UPDATE

All the logos are looking fantastic - keep 'em coming. We do now have info on requirements, so here they are in more detail:
    1) The main logo is 175 x 175. Obviously we want a vector so it can be used easily at larger and smaller sizes, but that is the main size.
    2) We need an icon! This is for member profiles, and is sized 24x24. An example is:
    [​IMG]
    3) The winning logo will then be used to create a header image at 1140x380. We then also need a background at 1366x768. However, these two fall outside the competition as it stands.

So, a reminder! The winner will be getting an Aurora LN game package if they don't already own Star Citizen, with access to the Alpha and Beta. CIG, the developers, will also be sending you a hoodie! If you have SC already, we'll be sending you a goliath mousemat and a tshirt.

Last edited: 18 Jan 2014