1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware In Win 904 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 23 Jan 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I've decided that I think this case is minging. Looks beautifully constructed, but I don't like the looks personally. I still have a strange urge to own one though :confused:

3. kent thomsen

kent thomsen What's a Dremel?

Great review, and a great looking case. I can only agree, that it´s bold and brave.

Since you can´t use massive high-end aircooled heatsinks, one might suspect it was meant for quiet operation, which probably also will appeal to the potential costumers for this enclosure.

It would be great, if you could make just a brief comment on noise.

I´m happy with my P182, but this one is - in my opinion - a real looker, and if a little tinkering and an extra fan or two could make it real cool and quiet too, it certainly could be a good replacement.

I don´t think you have to worry too much about the glass, I used to work with hardened in a factory once, and it´s trmendously much stronger, than one expects.

4. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

It's very 90s Bang and Olufsen, isn't it?

Absolutely not to my taste at all, but I must say fair play for the balls to do something completely different.

5. kent thomsen

Haha, I guess you nailed it! (And I am from Denmark and my stereo is a 90´es B&O... :))

6. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

There is no noise - no fans included :D or did you mean did it seem to allow more/less sound to escape than a standard case, something like that? I have to admit getting out of the box was very awkward and at one point it slipped and there was a massive clunk from the glass. Half-expected to be hoovering up shards for the rest of the afternoon but not even a scratch :D

7. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

You lucky person :D

Around that time I had a Denon mini system (the ones that were anodized in gold and had motorised tape units). I'd give anything to get it back :(

8. kent thomsen

Oh, no, of course, you´re right :) But it was tested with three fans as well, just wondering if it was very noisy or perhaps the opposite or more average. But maybe the taping up the sidepanel dosn´t really give a true picture anyway. Just seems sounddampening foam is a little against the concept on this case...

Yeah, the glass really is tough. A one meter long, half a meter wide and 6 mm thick piece with a couple of bricks under the far ends, could carry me and my workmate and our 175 kg without beeing close to breaking. The only weak spots are the edges, a hard hit perpendicular to the edge will chip it or ultimately cause it to break.

9. law99

law99 Custom User Title

First sentence might need an extra e in it somewhere... :D

Edit: just read review. I really like the look. There appears to be a smaller one also. In Win 901.

Last edited: 23 Jan 2014
  10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I like imperfect but nice looking cases, they are perfect case modding foundation material with good reason to mod it, if I wasn't bothered about completing my time sink of a project I'd have ordered one already cooking up some nice enhancements, it's even tempting to buy one to mod at a later date.

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

This

12. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

So is the 901 review on it's way by any chance?

13. Jedibeeftrix

Jedibeeftrix What's a Dremel?

one question:

when does the mITX 901 go on sale in the UK?

14. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Yes... Tell us about the 901. It seems like the perfect candidate for a new build.

Tags: Add Tags