1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Hazro HZ27WIE 8-bit 27" 2560x1440

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flame696, 25 Jan 2014.

1. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

I'm looking to get a 27" monitor and the Hazro HZ27WIE caught my eye as it's £299 on Overclockers. Just wanted an opinion on it. Is it worth getting?

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

depends, with these china cheep ISP screens there is next to no quality control. few inputs, no OSD, no chip, no positioning (like raising lowering) ect.

Manage your expectations well and it may be for you. Think of it as gamble you may win and get an OK panel and you may not. There is no pixel guaranty either.

And remember you can grab a U2711 for another £100 with all the bells and whistles and a great warranty. So its really a question of what your looking for.

- some people like iphone earphones and some people prefer to spend and other £100 on a high quality set from an audio brand. This is pretty much exactly the same situation, expect less quality.

if you do not mind used then for another £50 you could get this: dell-u2713hm

NR-GIT does seem to get a lot of praise on these forums so thats a good sign too.

Last edited: 25 Jan 2014
  3. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

take a chance on it and if you dont like it just dsr it, i picked up the dgm ips-2701wph from overclockers a while back on sale for same price, read lots of broblems like dead and stuck pixels and bad backlight bleed but mines been a fantastic value buy for 2560x1440

4. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

just looked had the NRG-IT website and i think its probably better to pay the extra £50 and get a Dell

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I'd go with a Dell.

6. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

You can't really go wrong with buying a Dell panel from NRG.

7. MrGumby

MrGumby CPC 464 User

+1 Dell and NRG

8. blueviper11

blueviper11 What's a Dremel?

Tell me about this NRG-IT flame696... IF YOU BUY FROM THEM.
    I want this Dell U2713HM as well!!:thumb:

9. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Another NRG user here, they're awesome! If you call them up and quote bit tech forum discount they'll take a sliver off!

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I would strongly advise against a Dell. I realise I'll probably be banned from the forum for saying this, but the anti glare coating they put on pretty much ruins the benefit you get from owning an IPS panel. My friends Catleap (27" South Korean panel) and my LG 29" Ultra wide monitor have FAR superior image quality vs the Dell U3011 I used to have. I can't say I've seen the xx13 series Dell have put out, so maybe they've changed it for that.

11. law99

law99 Custom User Title

There are walkthroughs on how to remove the anti glare though right? I appreciate that this might not be warranty friendly though...

Hey! One of the things I worry about is input lag. I'm no twitch gamer but I did have a monitor with around 60ms of lag. It was fine for console gaming but it seemed pronounced when playing morrowind. I consequently only buy monitors with around 30ms of latency now and haven't had issues since.

Tbf though... DSR. If you are unhappy... you have the option. :hip:

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, people have made guides showing how you can remove it but it appears to be a hugely risky process, especially with such an expensive item.

The U3011 I had was fine input lag wise, most of the better Dells have a 'game' mode that, I believe, bypasses the internal circuitry that does the colour processing etc (and creates input lag).

I don't know what the DSR regulations exactly entail, but if the involve having to pay for shipping on a fragile item that weighs 20kg then I'd rather make the right decision in the first place.

13. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Same to be honest. I'm not so good on returning things I'm disappointed with.

14. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

Just thought I should mention. Hazro aren't a cheap Chinese company they are a UK company. So there's that.

15. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I thought Hazro made some of the best pro grade photo editing monitors about?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

16. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

I think that's Ezio bdigital :)

17. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

the AG coating on the ultrasharps is a personal thing, it bothers some people but others barely notice it

check one out in person and see if it bothers you. apparently it's most visible when reading black text on a white background

18. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

@bdigital, yep you're thinking of Eizo. The other two big players are LaCie and NEC.

Regarding the anti-glare on Dells I'd agree with Parge as I too used to have a U3011, incidentally from NRG too, however it didn't bother me at all. It's only noticeable on very light or white backgrounds, and, well, not really a problem for gaming or most internet browsing. Just don't spend too much time on the Google homepage. :D

19. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Yup you've both got it right. I was mixing the two up!

I use a Dell U2711. Its main uses is for photo editing, and of course gaming (when im not playing a pad game that is better on the TV anyway).

I really like it for the photo work but for gaming im not that blown away for some reason.

20. tuco4

tuco4 What's a Dremel?

I was going to buy a 27" monitor from ebay (South Korean seller) but after working out how much it would be for one with a decent stand, and a possible custom hit, and the possibility of a duff monitor needing to be sent back, i chickened out. After a google search bought me to this thread i ordered the Dell U2713HM listed in MSHunters post, it arrived today and it's chuffing fantastic ! and well worth the £50 extra, the box it arrived in put up one hell of a fight when i put it in the attic though (looked like it could of had an entire PC in there).