1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft offering store credit bounty on PS3s

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 31 Jan 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Offer a trade for both ps3 and xbox 360s and you got a deal! I ain't selling my 360 for $100 in store credit for xbox one.. frig that..

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

If you trade in both a 360 and PS3 would you get $200, or do the T&C prevent that.

4. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Looks like someone is getting a bit nervous at the competition gaining more sales.

5. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

That's one way to wipe $100 off the price of an xbone without a blatant discount :rolleyes:

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

It's a pure sales driving technique, very aggressive one at that.

I think CEX was offering the same price so there's no advantage in selling to MS.

I suspect the PS3's will be melted down for components and raw materials somewhere, in the same way that mobile phones are

7. Alecto

Alecto Minimodder

Well, at least that's some use for defunct PS3. Users can ditch them now for discount as long as they are willing to board the M$ train.

8. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

They're probably better off selling them on and driving down the price. Not that this number of PS3s is going to make a particularly noticeable dent in the average selling price.

9. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I know most people wouldn't be interested in this though. Giving up access to the last 7 years of games for $100 to get on the current gen and it's meagre games selection seems poor value. Everyone willing to do this has already done it by selling their PS3/360.

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:lol: Nad shot to Sony XD.

11. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

next thing we see is...

"Sony offering free disposal of all Xbox models when you buy a PS3 or PS4. Xboxes returned will be melted down and used to make a giant middle finger outside of Microsoft Headquarters"

12. toolio20

toolio20 What's a Dremel?

This is all about XBL - who gives a $#!T about $100 upfront if it means getting another brainless, open wallet buying in to your free revenue ecosystem?

Besides the usurious poll-tax-on-the-dumb that is XBL, this is skewed to M$' favor in other ways. They WILL get probably somewhere around $40/per for the equipment (which according to terms will include a controller) be it scrap, salvage, third-party reseller, whatever. So, balance a $60 reduction in price of a $500 console with the inevitable XBL subscriptions and game/peripheral sales, plus the psychological hit of "culling" a Sony console from the market while "converting" it's prior owner and...hell, best bang for "$100" M$ might ever hope to ask for.

13. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

At least they are being upfront with paying people.
    What i don't like is when company's use money to sway the market and try to keep it secret.

14. PingCrosby

PingCrosby What's a Dremel?

My doctor is a geordie and when I told my armpit smelled of coconuts he said, ' aye, its Bounty'

15. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

you mean like Playstationplus being compulsory on the PS4.....

16. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Its optional like xbl. The opinions i've heard from people that have used both are that PSN is better in almost every way. The only people saying negative things about PSN are people that used it around its inception.

17. Vallachia

Vallachia What's a Dremel?

"Whilst Microsoft is likely to re-sell the Xbox 360s, it is unclear what Microsoft intends to do with the Playstation 3s that it receives."

Once they have thousands of PS3s they will melt them down to make a throne for their new CEO.

Tags: Add Tags