1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I just can't see Corsair moving in to the flightstick market, especially at the level that the SC players want/need. It needs to be a company with experience. Razer would be interesting - but expensive and prone to falling apart after a few years! Again though, as you say, neither have been in the flightstick market (Razer have made console controllers though)...

The X52 is a good stick, but is actually, right now, more expensive than the X-52 Pro! (£125 compared to £107). There's obviously stock clearance going on to make way for the X-55 which is going to be £150+.

2. Thedarkrage

Thedarkrage Thats not a pic of me its my gf

I prefer the look of the X-52pro over the X-52 and I play in the dark alot so the lights give it the edge over the X-55 wish I could get a test feel for them

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Really, I got mine for only £90! And we thought the same about Corsair cases, PSU's, speakers, mice, ect and all have been stellar, so just because they've never done it doesn't mean they wont or it would be bad :p Razors stuff has always been too plasticy and gimmicky for my tastes though.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Prepare your underwear:

PBR Scythe

5. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Well, after waiting for BT to source me a Thrustmaster HOTAS X for the last 2 months, Amazon have them in stock for the same price.

Should be here within the week :)

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

7. Thedarkrage

I wouldn't recommend the FLY 5 (I have one) as the drivers are a pain in windows 7/8

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I had a Thrustmaster X a long time ago, and while its not the most amazing HOTAS setup it works perfectly fine :) Its just a bit overly bulky though.

9. Thedarkrage

Just spotted this on the Bitsec forum - Black Ops [Deniable Piracy & Espionage] so how much support is going to be given if we have a bit of Piracy in us and get caught? as I'm always up for a nice raid now and again

10. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Uhh, prefer not to say on a public forum. Once the private forums go live we can have that discussion :) however, we do have a Black Ops division for a reason.

11. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

There's a forum!? To Star Citizen!

I need to sit down and catch up with what is going on with this game and BitSec. Been super busy over the last few weeks and not really had a chance to do my usual weekly reasearch.

12. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

There isn't yet, but there will be. Once they go live we'll be able to do a lot more organisation etc. as a single thread here limits us significantly.

13. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Bought my joystick and my PC will be ready for this. All I know need is my third monitor but by then it'll be ready

14. Tomisama

Tomisama the loyal fanatic

Got this supprise email yesterday.

On:Feb 02/14/14 3:13 PM

Thank you for shopping at Mad Catz Store.

Your Mad Catz order has been fulfilled.

Order Summary: Item Qty Rate Amount

Saitek® Pro Flight™ X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. (Hands on Throttle and Stick) System™ for PC 1

Tracking numbers: etc. etc.

Due on my proch on thursday the 20th.

WoW!

morph

15. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Awesome. Give us a full review when you get it? I'm contemplating getting one for the wife. If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost?

16. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Is anyone else having problems with thread subscriptions on bit-tech; I haven't had an email notification in a while?

17. Thedarkrage

18. Tomisama

Tomisama the loyal fanatic

Direct pre-order through Mad Catz price was the same as Amazon at $199 (both with free shipping), but Amazon has a posted release date of April 2nd.

Amazon does have less expensive PRO Flight Pedals at $167. I got that (those?) and a powered USB Hub to help with all of these new appendages.

Make no mistake; this was a major investment for me, but I am so looking forward to SC :D

morph

Last edited: 16 Feb 2014
  19. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Something to note with pedals - they love to slide round the floor. Carpet helps a bit, and they provide velcro strips, but it isn't ideal. My solution was to find a bit of wood (a cheap pine shelf actually) that lies on the floor between the wall and the back of the pedal base. Instant stability!

20. Thedarkrage

Have the same Problem with the pedals on the G27 laminate flooring