1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 290x cooling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by adamg64, 18 Feb 2014.

1. adamg64

adamg64 What's a Dremel?

had an issue with my dabs order and was mis-picked on my R9 290X i received an sapphire version instead of the MSI version i ordered but would like some advice on the matter tho they have offered me a refund or exchange via RMA i secured the card for £385 which was a great deal.

I arranged this RMA 2 months back and although ive not made contact its still looks active (just recently had a baby so hence why ive not got round to it) now they only at the time offered me a refund so i have a few options i would like advice on.

I could accept the refund and then add the £40 to it and just buy this version http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-238-MS

or keep what i have less messing and wouldnt be without a gfx for a few week and add this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-034-TL&groupid=701&catid=2330&subcat=787

With the new addition to the family im gaming alot more without sound and the noise is shocking its like a jet engine and my airflow is fine.

Could always cut ATI off and get a 780GTX

Last edited: 18 Feb 2014
  2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

You might want to remove the second half of that post, no?

3. adamg64

adamg64 What's a Dremel?

Oops

4. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Why not pick up one of the NZXT Kraken brackets then mount a self-contained loop to it, such as a lower end corsair H series cooler? It may be a bit more expensive then the other cooler but I'd imagine it would be quieter.

5. adamg64

adamg64 What's a Dremel?

i have seen these but never really researched it much, i like the look of them very much my only gripe is that i currently have an antec kuhler fitted to the cpu so unsure if or where i could mount this :/

6. adamg64

adamg64 What's a Dremel?

Corsair Hydro Series H55 or Zalman LQ310