1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Bough second-hand UD AGI and TD gennies. AGI was modified by previous owner, solid center post instead of hotspring, double airholes and... surprise! Reduced chamber.

[​IMG]

Setup that I made is not that hot 0,9 ohm mesh but its still a fog machine and both taste and smell are much stronger.

2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Sooo....

Allthough I didn't want tooo spend another buck on equipment for the time being, I simply couldn't resist buying another RBA :worried:

Anyways, it's the perfect mix of a Kayfun (socket), a Taifun (topcap) and a Aspire Nautilus (aircontrol).

Unfortunately there's only CAD-drawings oon the official website exvape.de and the oonly video in english language I could find was a review by Todd...

If you wan't a more detailed video, there's one with german language... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWFit5eaqjo

It's sold for €49.90 by the original manufacturer and you can get all spareparts on their website aswell, including long-versions, full steeltanks and replacement-springs.

3. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

proud owner of a provari

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Just ordered one of these with 6 spare wicks:
    [​IMG]

€70 all-in.

Also ordered 250ml of liquid, so that should keep me going for quite some time.

€122 was the total cost of all the above, it's still not as good as cold-turkey, but at least it's cheaper than smoking and I still enjoy it.

5. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

At least its less damaging.

And I noticed two things. Nowadays my time spent vaping has decreased somewhat and I can tolerate longer times without nicotine fix. Good I guess.

6. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

Since I started vaping in September I've not smoked a single analogue, this is my vaping journey so far.

Atomisers from let to right: Generic clearomiser, Kanger ProTank II, iCLear 30, Smok RSST, Smok Scar, Nimbus v3, Fatty v3, Kayfun 3.1 clone, Kayfun Lite Plus, Aqua clone.
    [​IMG]

Mods from left to right: Sigelei 19, iTaste MVP v2, Atom v2 by APV, Nemesis clone, Hammer clone, Vaporshark DNA 20.
    [​IMG]

My daily drivers.
    [​IMG]

I can't get over how small the Vaporshark and the Nimbus is.
    [​IMG]

Currently I have my eye on a couple of clones, Taifun GT and an Omega RDA and a DNA 30 from JCMS Vapes, the DZ D30S in zombie green.

7. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

I've got the fasttech GT clone, not had a single leak or dry hit, well worth it!

Going to order a DNA 30 board soon and build a lil box mod :dremel:

8. Apocalypso

I love the simplicity of building a microcoil in a Kayfun but I dislike having to empty out the tank when I want to change wicks or what have you. The Taifun looks like a pretty good solution to that problem.

I really hope to see what you make, some of the mods people have made with them are very cool. The DNA30 is a little overkill for me but it's the granular control you get from a VW device that I like. That and the fact you can lock the power buttons.

9. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

how do you like the vaporshark? i like the idea, but was put off by the low battery capacity

also read that the magnetic charger is iffy

10. Apocalypso

I really like the size, it's not much bigger than a box of matches. The performance is great I currently have a .8 ohm dual coil in the Aqua and it's running at 20w and 4v, bags of flavour and plenty of vapor.

The 1200 mah battery is small, very small and the biggest issue I have with it. I always have micro usb cable available so it's not so much of an issue when I'm at work, I can't vape at my desk so I have to go out for "smoke" breaks. If I'm going out I'll use a Kayfun with a more sensible resistance of 1 to 1.5 ohm will use about 13w and will last for at least 6 -8 hours of solid vaping.

It's a really brilliant little mod.

Edit. I have the micro usb version, not sure I'd want magnetic charging. Sounds like another proprietary cable to purchase.

11. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Got my new eXpromizer in the mail today. Awesome piece of hardware...

I ordered the attie and two spares each. The frosted tank-part and the center-pin springs.

[​IMG]

What's in the box for €49.95? The attie with frosted tank (makrolon), lot's of O-rings and a little screwdriver.

[​IMG]

First thing to do.... disassemble and cleaning. The machining of all the parts is excellent. The threads are flush and the stainless steel has some very fine hairline finish to it.

[​IMG]

After the parts are cleaned with 65°C water and some soap we inspect the parts.

Bottom-part with the spring for the centerpin...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The base in parts...

[​IMG]

...and assembled again. There's lots of marks from machining visible in this makrooshot ofc, but overall it's very nicely machined. The channels for the liquid are even better than on the various Kayfun's including the original.

[​IMG]

To test this attie we make a microcoil with 1.4 Ohm (8 rounds of 0.32mm Kanthal @ 2mm diameter).

[​IMG]

Installs like a breeze...

[​IMG]

... just make sure the wire makes no contact with anything else than the poles.

[​IMG]

And to test it we install it on a eVic easy head.

[​IMG]

Looks very nice with the driptip of the Kayfun.

[​IMG]

And it 100% matches the 23mm dia of the eVic-tube ;)

[​IMG]

Vapes even better than the Kayfun, as you can set the aircontrol to 2mm, which gives a very good open draw.
    The flavour is there, the vapour is warm and dense (I use cotton) and at the price of just €49.95 for an original part it's probably the best RBA currently out there with it's base reminiscent of the Kayfun, the topcap and easy filling-procedure reminiscent of the Taifun GT and the aircontrol reminiscent of the Aspire Nautilus.

Best RBA currently available if you ask me.

12. ThirtyQuidKid

ThirtyQuidKid Minimodder

You got a link to the place you picked the expromizer from please??

Might have to give it a go....

13. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

14. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I've got it into my head to build me a nice boxmod with an Evolv DNA 20/30 and USB-charger.

I allready spoke to skyrip about milling this box for me, but I have to wait for all the components to arrive first, before I can give him the final measurements.

Here's the current design...

[​IMG]

15. Apocalypso

Well that's sexy as hell.

16. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Glad you like it, but there's still some minor tweaks going on, like changing the cutout for the display and the USB-charger etc.

17. Apocalypso

I really like how the body section is split down the middle as opposed to having a removable back sleeve, it looks like the electronics will "slot" in to place and leave you a generous space for the battery and connectors.

I'm really impressed, I hope it turns out half as good as the design.

18. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

It's not 100% down the middle, but yeah, that was the general idea, not to have a thin removal back- or bottom-sleeve like most other mods.

This mod is currenttly 100x40x25mm and the box is split 25/15mm to allow for installing all the electronics, while the thinner half will then only cover half of the battery.
    The battery will be hold in place by a stock 18650 battery-holder that covers up all the other electronics, so when you open the box you can only replace the battery without removing some hotglue first.
    There won't be excessive use of hotglue tho, as the battery-holder is only some 0.4mm thinner than the inner size of the box. Maybe I'll change that and make it a perfect match, so that I need to pressfit the battery-holder into the box as I don't actually want to use any glue where it isn't really necessary.

EDIT: Here's two picture to explain the whole setup of the box. Everything is designd with specific components in mind and to make installation of them as good as possible without having to use vast amounts of hotglue or whatever. When a part needs to be replaced, it makes things alot easier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 21 Feb 2014
  19. Apocalypso

Is tape going to be strong enough to withstand the the insertion force required to dock the micro usb jack? My concern is that it could potentially work itself loose over time.

How will you assemble the components? Solder the parts and install or solder with the parts in situ?

If you pull this off there could be quite a few people interested in one of these for themselves, me included :naughty:

20. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

The USB-PCB has two holes for screws, but this would require threaded holes. In this place it's not possible to drill holes tho. These doublesided padded strips or these should do the trick however.

And yeah, I'll solder everything first and then insert all the parts. There's no way to solder anything in there. Also, when soldering everything outside the box first I can keep the wires shorter.

And yeah, I know that there's people interested, as I'm showing this project in vaping-forums too ;)

And for pulling it off... all the parts are ordered and I only wait for them to arrive before I can send the final CAD-files to skyrip :p