1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News HTC One M8 officially unveiled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 25 Mar 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

They hype this reveal beyond belief. Then their livestream doesn't work. I spent too long trying to watch it. I'm one disappointed htc fan.

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Cool, Snapdragon 801 wins and the Lytro capability should be incredibly useful. It looks nice, too.

4. raxonb

raxonb Minimodder

The M7 was awesome and now the M8 seems to improve on every aspect. I hope HTC gets the recognition and sales it deserves with this handset. I love that new case too! May it become legendary like the HD2, which I still use as a backup and runs KitKat and Windows 7.8 on dualboot!

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

u wot m8?

6. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

-Getin a htc one m8.

-Hi m8, a htc one? nice.

-No, a htc one m8.

-What?

-Eh?

7. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

It's no where near as capable as Lytro. The battery efficiency is rolling out to the (old) One. I'm just waiting on the OnePlus One now to see what i'm going to upgrade to.

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I've had a One X for the past 2 years and it's been great so was really looking forward to hearing about the M8 as I am due for an upgrade in the next couple of months but it's not doing much for me, it doesn't really feel like anything new, so far the Sony Z2 is still the one I will be going for unless it turns out to be truly nasty to use once I get to have a play around with one.

9. exceededgoku

exceededgoku What's a Dremel?

I'd like to see phones start to come with 32GB as standard, even with 32GB I'm filling my phone up with a few games, youtube videos, etc.

Can't even fathom how people get along with the iPhones without some sort of external storage...

10. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Well to me (HTC One owner) it is just a minor upgrade. Sure, they increased the screen size a bit (not sure that is an upgrade), the CPU is a bit better (but for most tasks, the Snapdragon 600 was good too), the camera upgrades are meh for me (i have yet to see a good picture made by an HTC camera :D). Pretty much the only real upgrade is the microSD slot, but only if you need that extra storage. I still have 20GB free on my 32GB HTC One running since the HTC One launch in my country.

11. Almightyrastus

I doubt whether I have filled anything more than 3GB on my One X. The only thing I would be putting on it to use up space would be music and as the One X uses Beats for the sound processing, #### that, I'll stick to my old iPod/Fiio E07k combo.

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Exactly what I would have posted if you had't beaten me to it.

I think in this day and age of 2 year contracts it's worth skipping a generation to really feel a big difference when you upgrade. I've only had this One since last autumn, and theoretically I could replace it in September, but I suspect I'll end up using it for the full 2 years.

13. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I've still got 6 months left on my One X which I love, but I need boomsound. I'm waiting for the OnePlus One before I make a final decision. Suspect I'll pick a Desire 816 or HTC One (m7) if I can pick a new one cheap enough.

I've got a 16GB One X and use it a fair bit and download Torrents on it too. USB otg with usb3 drive is definitely better than sd for me.

14. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Same here, although my contract ended three weeks ago. I couldn't wait and went for something a little different - a Note 3. Loving it so far.

15. Almightyrastus

I've had a play around with the Samsungs as well and I'm just not fussed on the interface that they overlay on the OS. I know I could put a custom ROM on or re-skin one but I'd rather have something I liked out of the box. That's the one thing that would possibly make me stay with HTC, I like the Sense overlay but even so, I can't see myself going for this, just not enough of an upgrade/change from what I have.

16. Coltch

Coltch Minimodder

I will be getting one of these as a replacement for my One X as I've been due an upgrade for the last 2 months.

Tags: Add Tags