1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

2. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

3. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

It is a bit of an Alfa Romeo of motorbikes, but the Aprilia RSV1000 is probably possible in budget and is sure as hell interesting.

4. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

Looked - £500 too dear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Had no idea the r1 was in my budget. The Rsv is awesome but I got to be careful, I don't want to be spending more then 15% of my earnings on one item.

R1 really age well.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

6. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

I like that R1 - nice end can as well.

Account for a suspension overhaul, and a damn good engine service, but remember that Nick Sanders has been round the world on a few of these - they can take the miles.

7. RTT

RTT #parp

Original R1s are beauts :)

8. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

It is sometimes surprising to see what you can get for so little!

My bike is still not fixed; made a mess of the rear brake this morning. So next week, my local dealer's going to pick it up and fix it; hopefully I'm not getting ripped off, £125 to get the bike collected, bleed the rear brakes, replace fluid and pads, and getting them to have a quick look over my installation of the rearsets to make sure they're installed correctly.

9. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

Horrible weather today to pick my new bike up. But I could not wait any longer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :rock:

10. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

That's very pretty. Can't believe how clean the engine looks.

I've always wondered, what do you have to do to keep an engine block in good condition? Mine's paintwork has bubbled up and cracked in places. And it's a 125, so it's not like it gets red hot.

11. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Let a healthy layer of tar build up to protect it : P

I've had my YBR 125 for almost 2 years and the block is solid after nearly 10,000 miles, I just make sure I don't wash it when it's still hot. That's pretty much the only rule I live by really!

12. teamtd11

In the first picture the bike has 2 miles on the clock.

13. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

I have been lusting after this bike since first seeing it - I'm right in the middle of doing my Direct Access training (Mod 2 booked for very soon!). I'm extremely tempted to put down a deposit for one - how are you finding it so far? Nice to ride?

14. RTT

RTT #parp

Wash it often, don't take it out too often in wet salty winter road conditions. My ST-R has got 14.5k on it now and the engine is spick and span :thumb:

15. teamtd11

Its a dream to ride, So light and easy to flick around. The torque means you can just pop out, open the throttle with whatever gear your in and you are past :p
    Take one for a spin if you can, you will fall in love with it. If not, you will not regret buying one.

16. Wozzname

Wozzname Some random guy

Been playing with the idea of learning to ride a motorbike, but not entirely certain yet. Seems to be difficult (comparatively) to find many 125cc bikes nearby compared to down south. I'll be hitting 24 in June, so what would people advise to do in the meantime?

Go for the CBT and the theory tests, and then the DAS once at the magical age?

17. teamtd11

Go for your CBT, that will give you the best idea of how you want to go from there. I would look for somewhere that provides one on one training, rather than some which gather 3 or 4 of you up and let you ride around.

If you enjoy been on a bike then you can work from there.

18. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

Yeah, CBT is no cost at all, and you'll at least get an idea if you like biking - try for a reasonably warm dry day though, give it the best chance.

19. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

Rescued this 1995 Z600 Eliminator from my landlords garage, he went through all the trouble of getting his full licence and only rode on the road for about 6 months before a few incidents scared him and he gave up riding (one time he ran onto reserve fuel and spluttered to a halt going around a very busy roundabout and almost got wiped out) so I bought the bike from him for £600, only had 12,000 miles on it and a full service history.

[​IMG]

It also had a quite horrible yellow factory custom paint job with purple flame transfers :rolleyes: even the mechanic who MOT'd it said "it's a bit gay" :D

[​IMG]

So I gave it a simple black paint job which goes well with the chrome,

[​IMG]

not everyone's choice of bike but a bargain for £600 and same engine family as the Ninja so it goes quite well although the handling is far from quick and responsive but it's a fun bike for cruising around Cornwall on and £80 insurance.

[​IMG]

20. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Minimodder

Yep, better in black - thumbs up

Great last picture - awesome sky