1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Titanfall Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 17 Mar 2014.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

My monocle damn near fell into my cup of tea!

2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

That famous quote "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" kind of fits here. (not sure if that quote is exact but you get the idea)

Personally not that interested in the game but just thought I'd comment on that.

3. Fused

Fused Minimodder

Only 6v6? No team autobalancing, This sounds like a console port to me. Surely a game like this on PC would be made a lot better by bigger teams? With small team numbers I feel a match is likely to play like this: 1) 10% shooting 90% looking for someone to shoot or 2) spawn -> die.

Maybe the map design is good and these dire situations don't happen, but given the frequency at which people drop out of online fps matches I think larger team sizes would help mitigate this and give you something to do well shoot at

4. veato

veato I should be working

Try the game. It's the most fun I've had playing an FPS for a long time. I got bored of COD at MW2 and BF4 just hasn't been doing it for me but Titanfall is excellent. It doesn't feel like 6v6 in matches (probably down to a combination of map sizes and NPCs) but regardless it's just a bloody good riot. Why get hung up on numbers of players or whether it was developed for consoles or not. A good game is a good game.

5. MachineUK

MachineUK What's a Dremel?

From what I have seen already in other graphical comparisons, it feels like a poor console port. I must admit I have not picked this game up, but honestly, what is the point of comparing them when it has only really been optimized for a xbox 360/one. It doesn't showcase the graphical difference between a console and a PC if the PC version is restricted?

6. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

The matchmaking is horrendous. Every time we play we are always put up against Gen2 and above pilots who we have no chance of touching! Pretty much COD in the future.

For the fleeting seconds that I'm alive I do enjoy it before someone who has had a bucket to defecate into sat under their chair since the launch appears to smash me before I even know they are there.

It's good but it's no Battlefield.

7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

The bad matchmaking maybe due to the recently introduced anticheat system.
    http://www.titanfall.com/news/we-hate-cheaters-just-as-much-as-you-do
    It made me laugh when i read how they deal with cheaters, but i guess if you have been incorrectly tagged as a cheater it ain't so funny. (link above explains how you can appeal)

8. kirk46

kirk46 Cheesecake Nom Nom

played against a G8 player last night....

he/she was horrendous with stats of 1-12, 4-4 etc....

guess they turned there hack off :p :D

9. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Those cheat servers must be the only FPS servers on the net where absolutely nobody screams "aimbot!" when they get pwned.

10. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

Read something about the next patch changing the match making system last night. Currently it doesn't take skill or rank into account at all. Apparently it puts teams against each other depending on how fast the teams can form a lobby. So your rig and your internet latency are taking into account but the rank of the players is ignored. Well that was f**king good idea wasn't it! FFS!

Tags: Add Tags