1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I've noticed that happening a couple of times to me so far, in my small amount of gametime, shots that really shouldn't hit just magically do. I think it might be down to how the game works out hit detections, THEN works out what is actually happening on your screen, but that's honestly just me guessing.

It would explain a lot of the "Netcode" issues; if the game is taking two passes at everything, one for base logic, then another for graphics.

Or you're using magic homing bullets. Never underestimate wizards.

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

So there was an update, anyone know what it broke this time.

3. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Can't stand the new DLC tbh. Was on a round of conquest large where there were two people in the attack and stealth jet double teaming on our water vehicles. No aa, needless to say was like shooting fish in a barrel for them. Bit of a joke tbh.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Get someone with TV missile and a bit of talent, when they're making a gun run attack jets are sitting ducks to a head on TV attack, as I have found out rather painfully.

Stealth jets using Laser Guided are bit tougher as they don't have to fly right at you, but the burst cannon is great for deterence

5. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Hm, Just got kicked by an Admin for camping, after they'd spent the latter half of the last round (400 tickets, 16 players, TDM) camping.

Oh the Hypocrisy. I was sat still for maybe a minute and a half at most, compared to the 10+ they were last round.

It was Operation Locker, so the usual meatgrind applied. I eventually got tired of them camping me in doorways and climbed up on top of the middle archway outside, sat on the aircon vent there, killed three people, then instantly got kicked. Previous round; the two admins camped just inside of the doorway of the west entrance and hosed down anyone walking in, they did this for a good solid ten minutes before enough of us flanked around to outnumber them and actually make them move.

Gotta love Server Admins who don't want to lose, at any costs.

Last edited: 2 Apr 2014
  6. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Not really sold on the carrier assult mode, as alot of games are very one sided as the attack boats/little bird/gunship can just demolish infantry when they are taking the points.

The gunship is a problem as its hardly ever dealt with and only one map has jets- it could do with being removed.

The carrier assult either drags most players to the first carrier that can be assaulted- while a handfull of people are left to cap and hold the flags.

7. fix-the-spade

CA is terrible, it's basically over once the first carrier is open.

The two MCOMs themselves are all but undefendable, you need the entire team to drop back which renders attacking the other team impossible, plus the second MCOM is positioned so that once the enemy team gets to it the defenders have to run the length of the carrier and funnel down a narrow corridor towards the attackers, who have a solid wall to their backs and two choke points to the front.

I've yet to see a single disarm on the B MCOM, after ten or so rounds of CA I'll not be playing it again.

8. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

This is exactly what I thought. At least in 2142 you could grind them out whilst you were defending, whilst the rest of your team attempted to cap the remaining points and destroy their titan. It'd be nice if you could spawn on the carrier somewhere useful to defend B as well - no idea where I'm going.

9. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

I've only played 5 or 6 rounds of CA, it is just conquest + rush combined into one map type. Even down to mcoms and tickets being depleted.. why would destroying an mcom take out a battleship :p

Did I miss the levelutions?

10. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I think the enemy team being able to parachute straight onto the carrier is a bit pointless, they should have to battle their way on.

Plus you don't even need to take the Mcoms just keep the flags and let the rockets run the tickets down.

20 wins for the assignment as commander and then see ya CA.

11. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I thought it has potential but like everyone has said it's just a terrible game mode.

I played a round yesterday, did a lot of work, capping flags mowing down the enemy. But my team decided to fight over three points inside the island base. Hence getting reemed and then having the enemy in our carrier setting the bombs and losing.

DICE need to stick to what they know, Rush/Conquest. I say Rush BF3 Rush my terrible.

12. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

:( missing the bro's

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Dude

We are online all the time. Come join us. Or better yet move back to the UK.

Better ping!!

The Mothership

14. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

No, it's the events in this sequence; take damage, get health back, get shot at three times while receiving no further damage.

15. fix-the-spade

SIMON GET OUT OF THE WATER THERE'S MEGALADONS!

16. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

thats kind of neat. by the way it seems the phantom password is 'epic dream worlds'

17. fix-the-spade

Just tested it and yup, epic dream worlds.

18. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

im not gunna be a "hate sheep" and say that i actually like CA, my only grip is that the carrier breaks a little to easy but meh, thats minor.

19. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn Unholy Cyborg Fruit Machine

wondering if you guys ever ran into this, and what solutions there are.

I mainly play planetside, but a few of my clan-mates are considering moving over (there is a BF4 division within the clan but thats an aside) so we try and set it up so we're all added as friends to play, and whilst I was able to add them initially in origin they didn't show up in battlelog. so tried friending them in battlelog, and I'd get one added but not the other. tried unfriending them and trying again, restarted origin, logged out and into battlelog, nada. and now cant even add them on origin as I get the too many friends message (I have less than 10 people on origin)

and just to make it really stupid, I spoke with some of the BF4 guys in the clan, and was able to add them as friend straight away with no issues. but these other 2 its not working for

I've thrown a thing to EA support, but somehow get the feeling they will be useless (afterall they couldn't manage to create a client that cant cope with more than 100 people....) at the moment I can only see one of the guys, so we have to log into the same server and organize ourselves that way.

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Ever since the last patch and 14.3 AMD drivers (dont know which, i updated at the same time) i get mouse stutter, but only in battlefield.

After googling about i tried a few things, disabling CPU parking, removing DPI control from the .exe, changing proses priority.

None of which have helped. It only happens in battlefield 4.