1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Early knock offs this week due to planned IT outages. Gotta love the techies. I think I'll take them some biscuits into work tomorrow and strongly encourage some more essential maintenance periods...

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Mum got the all clear, I'm just as relieved as she is really

I left work with my car not turning over (eventually started) looks like a charging problem so I was expecting the worst

3. Boardoombob

Boardoombob What's a Dremel?

Completed my first Triathlon at the weekend and I'm well chuffed with the time. Swim was good, run was good, but I definitely need to work on the ride.

4. DeadP1xels

Got my final year project poster done just in time!

Next day delivery murdered me but I can't take the risk, I need it before next Tuesday and nobody can trust royal mail.

I could have done it by hand with a big bit of card but I'm making every effort to make this look as professional as possible on the day.

Starting to take more of a "Hopefully I'll get all this money back one day" approach and not taking it as a complete waste of time.

5. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

My first kickstarter project just had its first backer. I probably shouldn't be but it's kinda an exciting experience lol

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Found the most perfect wire for my mod. Got my orders straightened out. Now I just have to go collect some period caps from our shed and I should be good to go.

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Work power blew a 200A fuse this lunchtime, & didn't come back up until 10mins before I went home.

Paid to sit reading comics on my tablet! :D

8. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Seeing this political picture online today... and got 5 to 2 in 2013.

[​IMG]
    Hillary Ducking A Thrown Shoe - No Photoshop (Alluding to her 2016 run)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 16 Apr 2014
  10. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

An almost complete bass rig- just need to put the finishing touches on:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Thorntons are in the canteen at work today so spent aload of money of chocolate for my nieces and mum.

Now I just have to get through the next 3.5 hours without touching any of it and then I get to see my nieces smile with joy, when they see a shed load of chocolate put in front of them.

My brother and sister are going to hate me though, as I spoil the kids and give them loads of sugar before they go home so they are hyper all night for them :hehe:

Also 4 day weekend and my new rugby top turned up yesterday and the tickets for the rugby derby game tomorrow against Widnes.

12. DeadP1xels

That's gorgeous, what signatures have you got on it :)? need to get back to my bass

Just finished one glove just need to maintain all the connections are solid and nothing is going to combust on the open day or during my interview.

The second glove will be a piece of cake now I've done one

the wiring its a bit concerning for me, too long and it puts too much stress on the bend sensors too short and it restricts movement.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Making something nice in Photoshop with a hot mug of tea whilst chilling to some moody blues while the sky turns black outside.

it'll be even better if it rains.

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Instead of a "u" bend, try a one loop coil.:thumb:

DeadP1xels likes this.
  15. DeadP1xels

You sir.... you sir are a genius! +rep

I actually ended up swapping the cables in the OP and using some jumper cables with a multicore strand, tinned them up and soldered them on and they seem to be working quite nicely, I thought they would be the worst possible thing to use.

But that is a good idea that I'll still probably use because their sitting a little long.

Very excited about my open day now, poster done project 85% complete needs some final programming fix and cleaning up.

Poster is done, suit is being dry cleaned and I'm getting to grips with writing my CV in case somebody likes what they see.

I think what's most exciting for me is I love my project... I managed to calibrate everything roughly just before work, my dad played with it earlier and loved it.

I played with it earlier and it was a lot of fun, I consider myself my biggest critic but I have no fear being questioned on the reasoning I will stand behind it 100% bring on 40 engineering companies :rock:

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Nah, I just spent 20years building electronics for a living before moving to CAD.:dremel:

17. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Finally finished a "bit" of DIY that has taken ages on account of being jerked around by a couple of suppliers a bit and generally not having buckets of time to actually work on it.

I'm rather (hugely) pleased though, and chuffed to bits that I did it all myself. I'm plenty competent in the art of DIY, but I'm pretty sure this is outside the bounds of everyday DIY and certainly beyond anything I've attempted before.

[​IMG]

18. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Got back from a week in Antwerp with an old friend, he moved out there almost 4 years ago to learn how to polish diamonds! Drank lots of beer, saw all of the sites and met some lovely people.

It was my first venture out of the UK on my own, defiantly got the travel bug now!

19. DeadP1xels

Student loan and getting paid, I've pretty much borrowed from every person in my family so it will be nice to be back with something in my pocket.

EDIT: project is so close to being done... I still have a ton to do its just nice to turn up on project day with the stuff you intended against the odds.

Within a month my exams will be done and I can start on my own stuff and I have a pretty badass idea for something :)

Last edited: 18 Apr 2014
  20. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

After a long time, I can freely nerd at home. First some good wine and Firefly, beer after it runs out, gaming and setting up a new torrent box.

Whee.