1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Ear Bud Popping

Discussion in 'General' started by stjimmy69, 23 Apr 2014.

1. stjimmy69

stjimmy69 What's a Dremel?

Okay, general question for any fans of ear buds. I'd love to use my cans at work but unfortunately we aren't allowed them as they leak too much noise.

I've recently bought a set of SoundMagic E10's, best sounding earphones i've ever owned. Unfortunately, one of the two buds is really annoying me. I've tried a variety of different sized cups, so it's definitely not that.

One of the buds is dropping in and out... but it appears to be my ear at fault, not the earphone itself. The popping sound is the vacuum effect it is causing in my ear, and with each pop, the volume drops by about half. I've tried this one bud in both ears and it's the same for both. The other is perfectly fine. Also, with the affected bud, i can feel a very obvious pressure difference in my ear, while the other doesn't have this problem.
    To let some pressure out, i've tried putting small holes in the cup but this has had no effect at all.

Has anyone experienced this issue? The buds have a small hole underneath them, presumably to let out pressure, but this doesn't appear to work either.
    Any advice would be very welcome

2. stjimmy69

Okay, just tried poking even bigger holes into the cups and now the issue seems to have disappeared. I'm guessing the hole on the bottom of the earbud to let out pressure is blocked up

3. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

4. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

This man speaks the truth! They are life changers, though, there is an element to them being consumables rather than being buy once. They loose their bounce back properties after a while and thus you need to change them. I get through 2 or 3 pairs a year.

5. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Would cutting up disposable ear plugs work?

6. stjimmy69

Holy crap how did I not think of that? :S

That's it, i'm buying all their stock in case they go bust.