1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'General' started by GAVI, 12 Sep 2011.

1. rma

rma Minimodder

Er, stay well away from any Breaking Bad thread/discussion until you've finished the series!!!

2. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

Be quick ;) 4 hrs or wait till tomorrow on last chance.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Already bought!

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Got all this lined up for a binge once the series had finished, got through the final episode tonight.

Wow. One of the best TV series I've ever seen - the level of quality was maintained from the moment it started, 5 series of wonderful, compelling watching. Bravo.

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Meant to post here once I'd finished it but I forgot.
    Finished it last week, enjoyed it no doubt, ending was good, not quite what I wanted, but it will probably have pleased the majority.
    Walt died waaay too happy and Skylar didn't die/get arrested being the two big things.

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

At first I agreed, but then I realised that it's probably written with a happy ending in mind:
    Walt gets to take care of his kids and his wife before his cancer kills him - that was the whole object in the 2 years from start to finish.

7. GeorgeStorm

Oh I agree, doesn't stop me thinking it's bad though :p He doesn't deserve to get what he wants in my opinion, he even somehow became a bit of a hero, saving Jessie at the end from Todd etc, when it was him who put him there. Bit too Hollywood 'everything worked out fine' for me in this instance.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm more angry about Skylar than Walt. I wanted her to be chucked in a hole. But the more I think about it, I don't think she'll have a happy life any more anyway. Won't keep the carwash, likely won't be employable because of the baby and amount of time out of work/short period at Beneke's, will struggle and suffer a lot more than it seems at first glance

9. GeorgeStorm

Oh I'm sure she wouldn't have a particularly easy time, but she still gets her kids, which is a biggie to me. In the end I still enjoyed it, just think it should have been crueler on Walt and Skylar, although maybe instead of that making it nice for most of the viewers, they tried to make it more realistic in terms of people don't always get what they deserve :p

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

Just finished the show this evening.

Wow. It has to be one of the best TV shows I've ever watched. Cranston was phenomenal.

Walter White Power Hour doesn't quite have the same ring to it as Jack Bauer Power Hour, but the intensity of every episode and the way it grips you is up there with - and probably beyond - anything in all 8 seasons of 24.

Last edited: 20 Oct 2013
  11. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Any ideas what to get into next?

12. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Sons of Anarchy and Justified are both excellent.

13. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

The Wire, The Sopranos, to name just two (and IMHO better) shows. Boss is very good as well.

14. stormbringer500

stormbringer500 What's a Dremel?

Wow, just finished watching what a brilliant series just have to find another now -.-

15. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Almost human is alright, mrs has started watching blacklist and says thats good too. Arrow is also getting fairly good. (Up to date with every tv show we watch, sickbeard = god send)

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

The current (3rd) series of Homeland had a rough and boring start, but is now back to the usual edge of your seat, gripping drama that everyone has come to expect from the show.

17. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I reckon it might have been intentional. Risky, but it properly lulled me into a false sense of mediocrity over the plot.

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

It did exactly the same for me, so much so that I stopped watching for a couple of weeks after the first few episodes. When I resumed watching for whatever reason (boredom, maybe) I was on the edge of my seat again within one episode. It's incredible how they can seemingly switch the suspense on and off like a light switch!

19. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Where the hell have i been. Just started watching this and by god i am addicted

see what i did there

20. dannyj94

dannyj94 Former 3XS System Builder

I truely love this show, it had been spoken about a lot in college sessions and I hadn't a clue! I was reluctant at first to watch it but then came a project and I was forced, for the sake of my education to take some interest through a partership that I wasn't particulally happy with at first.

Anyway, when I was in the middle of coding a website in relation to Breaking Bad I decided it was time...

I downloaded S1-4 Im currently at S4 E1 But I did watch seasons 1 through to 3 in a matter of 3 days... seriously. I got hooked immedietly and if you haven't yet watched it I defintely reccomend it!