1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress THE DARK KNIGHT, !COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 9 Mar 2014.

1. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Looks great! Can't wait to see it painted! :D

2. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

thanks mate, yes siree, i cant wait either, wish i had more time. am managing to do a little each evening but still so many little details till i can get putty paint and polish on this one.. the color scheme is the element thats going to make this build look good, till then its just a lot of little cant make out what parts. more to come soon.

3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I really do love just how balls out you're going with this thing! :D It's going to be phenomenal when painted!

4. abbas-it

thx mate, yes i am also really curious and cant wait to see how this will look with color..:D

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Man, I've lost count of all the different things you've added. -Around the time you added the faucet aerators.
    It's an equal mix of awesome an crazy at this point.:D

6. abbas-it

thx mate, am doing my best. its almost ready for putty paint and polish now, maybe a few eveneings more and then we will add some color to this build. well at least a lot of darkness.:D

so i finished the front bat wing cuves to give it more contour matching the theme
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 23 Aug 2014
  7. abbas-it

hi guys hello again and sorry for the silence. here is some more progress. am pretty much finished and getting it painted now too so the next post will contain the first colorsed version. firt os all, some more...................yep details babyyyyyy

these dummy supports are made of normal screws covers with modelled piping and look as if they are supporting the stern[/SIZEthen i started to make and change the leds to fit the side guns which will oscilate depending in whatever i make them do, cd activity or hdd etc.
    [​IMG]

slammed in some back Support rods too

[​IMG]

8. douglas alves

douglas alves Minimodder

Great job. I enjoyed every detail.
    The painting was very good.
    congratulations.

9. hanssx2

hanssx2 Minimodder

nice paintjob and your wood working skill is marvelous

10. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

<SPAM ALERT>
    Bump for mods!

11. abbas-it

hi guys, and thx for the motivating words, here is a little more progress. i tsrated with some of the wiring before slamming the parts back togather
    [IMGAttachment&attachmentID=11329&h=f1b31d30e1260a536a92346b91cb596da0bfabd7[/IMG]
    the sgun has a blue a red and a white fresnel led, they will flash like a stroboscope or do a left right left right blink sequence like an aeroplane indicator, the white ones will be turned off at will. maybe i even use the other for hdd or something.. basically, the side guns are my version of the bat bike side guns but are actually loudspeaker holders..:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. hanssx2

hanssx2 Minimodder

Hey you got a little ink on you thummy :lol:
    Keep the good work up man, it looks stunning with the LED

13. jimbaw

jimbaw What's a Dremel?

you are one talented (and patient) man!
    already looks great

14. abbas-it

thx guys,
    so i just got the inner chassis carbon loook film on, here are the first impressions..

[​IMG]

15. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Woah.. That matte black and carbon wrap combo is simply.. :jawdrop:

16. NoRmZiDiUs_669

NoRmZiDiUs_669 What's a Dremel?

This is amazing, totally shocked!! Well done, was so unexpected and the details are amazing!!

17. abbas-it

thx guys, glad you like it, its much more fun now too, now its got ccolor on it.
    will be posting more tonight, must change the side pipes into exhaust look, the paint wont stick to the transparent ones.

18. abbas-it

so its update time again.
    [​IMG]

the main base upon which THE DARK KNIGHT stands and the main Chassis which holds the Server have finally been wed.
    they married yesterday. they said "I DO" and will live darkly ever after until the screwdriver does them part:D.

[​IMG]

wiring is partially fun when its done because you actually see everthing in the right light, but its a bothersome work. i started on the side panels which can be lifted off, remember its a server which i want to be able to slide out like a normal 19" server so no wires may enter the sides, they all come from the back and underneath in the base.

the color scheme is darkness and coolness thaty why i am limiting the LED scheme to blue and red, whcih can then be switched respectively.
    here clear to see, the orange juicer rings made to look like evil jet turbine covers came out
    [​IMG]

i removed the fan and sticker to place and stick the little cone in the middle, n, give it that turbine jet look. the cone is a player piece stolen from a board game called the magic forest.

first tests

]i will be able to switch through the color scheme with these not visible buttons.

still some parts missing for those holes.

and here the other side.

THE DARK KNIGHT SUPER TURBO JET TURBINE NUCLEAR FLUX COMPENSATOR,,,,,,, ORANGE JUICER COVER, not bad eh..:rock:

like mentioned, i can simply take these modules off any time, they are absolutely capable of working on their own and need just four pins to work which i will do with a molex plug on each side.

I like the way the gardena sprinkler piping and fittings turned out, all pouncing forward looking..

the side fan covers alone would make a not too bad looking little ITX case, wouldnt they..:D
    [​IMG]

so their is still a lot to do, so i will get back into the workshop, more to come..

19. blueonblack

blueonblack What's a Dremel?

I have CLEARLY not been following this mod like I should have been! :jawdrop:

Absolutely awesome work.

:thumb:

20. abbas-it

:rock:thanks mate, well it was actually pretty boring till color came into the game.
    i like your name, blue on black is what you see here.:rock: