1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Post your aquarium

Discussion in 'General' started by KayinBlack, 24 Feb 2010.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Thought i would bump this thread up again.

I'm currently tankless till next week, when i go and pick up a 30cm Cube, Which i was just going to run as a Shrimp tank, but i'm thinking of just a planted tank with a Tetras.

I'm also looking into setting up a FOWLR (Fish Only) Marine, Means i shouldn't need half the equipment of the usual reef setups, and i can have more of the fish that i like.

How's everyone else's tanks getting on?

Sam

2. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Mines gone back downhill.

All my plant has died off again. Still got an Algae problem.

And I'm getting more and more fed up with it.

The fish don't seem to mind though, still got lots of damn guppys, :D, two clown loach, one gourami and a bristle-nosed catfish.

Don't really like the sand anymore, as it sort of goes mouldy and isn't as easy to clean as gravel, and so I've lost probably 5 inches of tank height to the gravel with sand on top.

Have considered emptying it and starting from fresh. I'd love to get a new hood, and a second light, to hopefully make the tank better, but I just don't have the funds.

3. samkiller42

Rare Aquatics have some stunning fish in on their latest shipment. Wild Discus, Wild Pleco's, Well worth a look if your looking for fish in this bracket. Also, Large Wild Cardinal Tetras, 90p a fish, massively cheaper than any shop you go into.

Sam

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

As a quick up date my cory's have settled down the red tail ruby shark wants for chase everything all around the tank and Fred the Plec is coming up for his 21st birthday..
    Any one know where I can get some water proof candles to go on his cake:D

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Neighbour just came over and asked if I could test a sample of is tank water as he was losing fish, lost 30 fish in the last 5 days :eeek::eeek:

tropical aquarium, 4ft tank, about 170 litres, apparently had 90 to 100 fish in it (sounds a bit high to me? ).

pH was 4 - 4.5
    Ammonia was >4.9mg/L
    :eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek:

6. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Massively overstocked even if they were small fish. Some big water changes needed to get that ammonia down in the short term.

7. samkiller42

Another bump, Seems we're letting this thread slide down a tad.

Not much to report, Moved house, been given permission to redesign the pond, and have been given some sort of permission to have a new fish tank. Looking at a 3*2*2, Sumped, And to use Natural Sea Water collected from the Portsmouth coast. Could be good fun.

Sam

8. samkiller42

Thread revival, any news from people???

Sam

9. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've essentially given up on my tank. Dads now feeding them.

Just couldn't be bothered anymore. Weed kept coming back, plants kept on dying and wouldn't grow for more than a month or two.

I've thougt about selling up, but seeing as I got the tank for free, I can't bear to get rid of it as I know I'd just end up wanting it again later, :D.

If/When there's no fish left, or not enough to make it worth keeping on, I might just empty it out and leave it sat there for the future.

Doesn't help that the tank is in a room that I never go in, so it never gets seen.

10. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

best i can do right now, is my Coysdora's are shagging nonstop. My tanks not set up for breeding but 2 have survived and fred my Plec has just celebrated just 22nd birthday :clap::clap::clap::clap:

11. Matticus

Matticus ...

*waves hand in the air* Ooh ooh, me, I have some news!!

I am currently in the process of reviving our Fluval Edge 46 litre into something a bit more presentable, they truly are great looking tanks but not the best shape in terms of maintenance or fish stocking.

I have completely cleaned it out and started fresh after the fancy goldfish moved out. So my stage 1 shopping list is as follows:

• New sponge filter - This is going in place of the charcoal filter to double up on sponges
    • Pre-filter sponge to go over the filter intake tube
    • New heater - The 50 watt from our old tank has somehow cracked (only internally) while sitting in storage
    • Seachem Prime

Stage 2 is where I am adding some plants which will include some moss and java fern which will be getting attached to a nice bit of drift wood + rock. Then a bit of Anubias nana dotted about and finally something tall and whispy for the background - I know the plant but for the life of me can't remember the name, I can't consult my bookmarks at home to check :hehe:

Stage 3 is fish time. Being a relatively small tank with more vertical space than horizontal I am going to keep it pretty light. My current plan is a suitable mix of Celestial Pearl Danio with something like Endlers or Cardinal Tetras, and a 3-4 cherry shrimp. No more than 12(maybe 10) fish + shrimp, and even that will take quite a while.

Pictures to follow...

12. samkiller42

It's all about ponds now for me. I do still have a tank, but it stands empty.

[​IMG]
    IMAG0034 by samkiller42, on Flickr

Sam

13. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Koi are truly where it's at, Sam. Good man.

Got any Chagois involved? I once met a 20 inch chagoi who liked being stroked as much as a dog. Incredible fish. Greedy buggers though.

Are they 3 ghosties in the top right? Wanna get them out of there....

14. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

So me and Mrs bear decided to get fish.
    This evening we went and picked up the following 2 x biorbs, 1 x 4ft tank a fluval 305, a box of assorted bits including lights and heaters and stuff. All for 40 odd quid. Next job is to clean it and get some water in, then to decide what we are going to put in them. We're fairly new to it and are torn between tropical (looks nice) and cold water (cheaper and easier) when we get it up cleaned and sorted I'll pop some pics up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

15. samkiller42

Certainly are JM, Kings of cold water by far.
    Koi collection is:
    Doitsu Platinum Ohgon
    Yamabuki Ohgon
    Kin Ki Utsuri

Yes, there's 3 Ghosts, i actually like them, almost the most active fish in the pond.

Sam

16. samkiller42

Having some issues with the pond currently, Lost a koi this morning, and blanket weed is going nuts, a combination of warm weather, lots of sun and not enough Oxygen isn't helping matters, We're looking at getting an air pump and diffuser, and covering the pond to give it some shade, that should help win the fight.

Sam

17. Jards8595

Jards8595 Minimodder

Ahhh man this thread makes me want to get a new tank, been a few years since my last one. I had a great breeding pair of kribs so much fun watching them shepherd the young around

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

18. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Finally got my 65 gallon setup back, caked in an inch of marine salt. Was completely neglected, multiple dieoffs, etc. and just made it back to me recently. Anyone got a good method to remove all the salt? I'm going freshwater now that it's back in my possession.

Side note, just because someone keeps fish it doesn't mean they won't still trash your stuff. Forewarned is forearmed.

19. TheJackal

TheJackal Getting Old

well another bump :). after not bothering to much with my small setup for while i went ahead last week and ordered some plants from java plants and they should be here tomorrow so ill need to swing by my local shop for some new driftwood etc to go with it ill post some pics up when done. ill prob be adding some new fish soon aswell :)

20. darknessblade

darknessblade What's a Dremel?