1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Prey 2?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kosch, 6 Jun 2014.

1. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Anyone know what happened to Prey 2. Is it still in development or did it get canceled?

I seem to remember hearing the devs ran into some trouble but then it went a bit silent.

2. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Last I read was on Eurogamer well over a year ago and they said something on the lines of its not cancelled but not on this years agenda, Dishonored was taking center stage at the time.

I remember watching a video which looked kind of like Blade Runner as you were to be playing some sort of Bounty Hunter rather than following on the story from the first game.

Certainly hope its just in limbo currently and will get finished, first game was excellent and I play through it every so often.

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

well this was posted on x360a a couple of days ago, but it's gone so quiet that I think it probably is stuck in limbo (I suppose we'd better wait and see if there's anything mentioned at E3 next week)

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Funny, I was thinking of posting a thread on 'what's happening with Prey 2?' this morning.

Isn't there some chap on these very forums who is connected to it? IIRC his avatar was William Lee Scott from Old School.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well the original took 11 years to surface and Prey 2 was only announced in 2011.

So some time 2022? Just in time for my 34th birthday.

6. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

As far as I know Glaeken here was one of the developers, but I doubt he can legally say a thing on the project so better not to ask. NDAs and all that.

7. fix-the-spade

That epic 2011 trailer, just cuz.

8. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Thanks all for the information. I was hoping for something at E3 but have not seen anything.

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

10. fix-the-spade

GMG also claim it was released last year, I think someone over there needs to sort out their pre-orders since from here that looks a lot like fraud.

Tags: