1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018
  2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Yeah, PG has been in smoke machines for god knows how long and as for vegetable glycerine, that's been on baking shelves for probably longer.

The throat hit is something that I have been trying to avoid having no need to inhale the vapour at all, other than to maybe get the smell out through my nose as well as the taste but as I said, I am not a smoker, never have been, so a throat hit is likely to make me cough up a lung or two...

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I smoke cigars man.

Cigars.

4. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Holy ****. Anyone looking for a great dripper atty get the Quasar, real or clone. Got the clone here and it murders all of my previous drippers. Compared it to Smok Caterpillar, both have same setup, 0,6 ohm dual macro and AFC wide open. Quasar makes a lot bigger clouds and stronger flavor.

You'd have to build a quad for the Caterpillar as the AFC holes are spaced widely vs ~5mm long slots and chamber is very small for 22mm atty.

5. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

so i bought a kayfun and really don't like it much, i thought maybe my coil setup was wrong but i had a friend do it (and he tried it and verified that it was fine) and i'm still not a fan

current daily setup is a provari v2 + kanger aerotank mega

at home i use an OKR passthrough box and an omega RDA

6. Andersen

Whats wrong with it?

7. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

flavor seems off, draw is too open, it gurgles, vapor is too warm

8. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

9. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

This one specifically is quite nice, though I wouldn't personally use a dessert as an ADV. Obviously If you've never smoked I wouldn't recommend vaping at all but that is of course your choice. Watch out for diacetyl in dessert flavours.

I have two clones and swore by them until last week -- I've rebuilt one of them half a dozen times and I'm having serious wicking issues whatever I try with it. I'm suspecting I've maybe damaged it somehow as it can be a bees turd to take to bits at times (pliers and swearing required)

Mine gurgle sometimes after being initially built -- I'd suggest vaping through the airhole to clear it (do it over a sink so you can rinse the nasty fluid out of your mouth)

Haven't had problems with heat -- I'm lead to believe they can handle anything about 0.7 Ohms without issue, maybe build something around 1.5?

Currently rocking an kicked astro clone with my kayfuns for ADV. I was convinced I was a VW mod guy, but the difference between this and PWM mods is night and day. Locking ring has a tendency to unscrew the entire switch assembly and the spring escapes and bits fly everywhere -- not fun looking for bits on the floor of my local bar when I've had a few...

If anyone could recommend a solidly built mech with 18350 and 18650 options that's able to accommodate a kick, I'd be indebted.

Apparently my Hana clone is on it's way from the US (Illvapes), but as some of you probably know they've been sued to high heaven and by the sounds of the emails I've received are probably going bust.

I can't thank you enough jrs for all your advice -- been off the fags 2 months 28 days and I've saved around £635, and I'm on the verge of convincing my parents to come off them as well :)

10. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

EDIT: I've no idea what I was trying to reply to here...

Last edited: 11 Jun 2014
  12. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

If you like the Quasar, try the Magma by Paradigm. I've got both and the flavour from the Magma is really excellent.
    [​IMG]

13. Andersen

Its on my shopping list. :D

Edit: Magma ordered.

And I'll have to reverse my opinion on the Quasar. If both bottom o-rings break or come out, getting replacements or originals back in is impossible. You'll have a bit of extra that forms a loop which just wont go in if its stretched at all. That is a fatal and stupid flaw for otherwise great atty. My opinion would be very positive if o-ring grooves were in the base.

Threw it out on the street after wasting nearly half an hour trying to fix it.

Last edited: 8 Jun 2014
  14. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

I had exactly the same experience, when it worked the vape was very good, as good as the Stillare but the Magma is my new favourite rda, my only issue is the centre pin is very long so your 510 connections require some finagling to use again with an atty with a shorter pin.

15. Andersen

Only mechs I have at the moment are one real Nemesis and two clones so I should be good.

16. digitaldunc

Postman brought this (sorry for pants phone shot) --

[​IMG]

Hits like a train with the 0.4 Ohm dual coil build I have in the omega. Has performed flawlessly so far :)

17. Andersen

Clone? Considering getting one as the Vamo just doesnt cut it and there is that "want" factor.

18. digitaldunc

Yup, it's the cloupor clone. Hasn't missed a beat so far, but I've only had it just over a day of course. Rip trippers review is pretty spot on.

Definitely beats the pants off a vamo.

I'm wondering how many of these will be in circulation -- certainly my clone has no hana logos on it, though I wouldn't be at all surprised if the ROM is a hatchet job hack of the DNA30 ROM...

19. Olimatou

Olimatou What's a Dremel?

Hi Jrs77

Hi Jrs77... Found your so good idea to reduce the gap by this moded top cap from the extension section of the Vamo V5 so nice that I decided to do it as well on mine...

But I am a bit confused on how to proceed and how you managed to cut this metal inox section so perfectly to fit the right size in height and flush so well any atomizers ?

Could you please explain the dimension and the procedure you used to cut that inox section ?

Best regards... :thumb:

20. Andersen

Well I'm sold. At one point I considered getting MVP2 as I wanted a box mod but pfft lets go the 30W route.