1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GameStop looking to fund exclusive DLC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 11 Jul 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. pantalaimon

pantalaimon What's a Dremel?

Looks like an act of desperation to me.

Mind you, high street vendors have been touting exclusive cosmetics for many years. The key difference is that they want to fund it now.

3. pantalaimon

pantalaimon What's a Dremel?

4. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Inb4 new Mass Effect DLC with Commander Shepard saying Gamestop is his favourite store on the citadel.

5. BD Hopkins

BD Hopkins What's a Dremel?

Gamestop "Aiming to support developers?" If you were able to type that subheadline without throwing up in your mouth, I worry about you.

No. They are aiming to steer more sales towards their stores, as any business would. Normally this shouldn't need to be said, because it's as apparent as a keyboard having keys, but had to go and add that headline.

6. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

I did a little mouth-vomit myself, reading that subtitle....

"Aiming to make great wads of cash" would be better - and fair play to them, since that's the business they're (trying to be) in.

It does smack of desperation though.

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

It's just a little ironic that the company that effectively forced the creation of Online Passes and digital distribution by pushing second hand now finds itself having to directly fund development to prop up it's own sales in the face of digital distribution.

8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

It definitely is, but this is one of those "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" situations. To me the really stupid thing is how anyone cares enough about a game to go out of their way to visit gamestop (as either a website or their physical stores) to get DLC that should have come with the game in the first place.