1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Just realised I've hardly played any Civilization this year, so booted up Civ 5 this evening to rectify that.

2. Alf

Alf What's a Dremel?

Just playing X-Com: Enemy Within. Absolutely perfect game if you're playing between other jobs such as cooking, cleaning, exercising, writing etc. Brill game anyway.

3. LeeBoy123

LeeBoy123 What's a Dremel?

I'm on my 3rd play through of skyrim. . Trying a full mage for a change.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Arma 3, well trying anyway

5. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

My most played game and playing now but still suck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Got myself some games for the Wii. Some excellent gems on the console. I spent about a fiver for the both I got so no harm done if they're crap eh?

Red Steel 2:A million times better than the first but a million times still doesn't make it great. The Wii Motion Plus works well and the game is smooth and quite fun to play despite the massive stereotypes and cliches about. It isn't fresh or fulfilling and every enemy is pretty much the same as the last. The AI is dumb as anything, even on hard mode. I still can't recommend this, it's a mediocre game that gets the mechanics right, but it isn't very challenging and the Voice acting and the entire plot is just atrocious.

Epic Mickey: An Excellent little platformer that does everything pretty well. The Platforming elements are well done with a nice camera that is easy to move. The character animations are smooth and Mickey himself is easy to control with no glitches or issues with controls. The paint and thinner mechanic makes this game incredibly fresh in a crowded genre. Despite it being designed for older children to teens, it isn't incredibly easy and some of the puzzler elements are pretty well done, requiring a bit of thought. Even adult players would find this fun; Recommended if you're a Wii player. I might even get the second.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2014
  7. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I'm taking a long-ish (possibly permanent) break from World of Tanks and have taken up War Thunder instead. I'm finding the community less toxic, the game less stats driven, and that I'm actually having fun playing it, something I haven't been able to say about WoT for a long time.

I'm finding my happiness in derping AI ground targets rather than being limited to only PvP engagements like WoT is.

8. Ljs

Ljs Modder

A friend picked up a multipack for Payday 2 in the Steam sale so having quite a bit of fun playing that at the moment. It gets repetitive if you play it on your own but is suprisingly amusing when with friends (there's always one rambo). It's actually something I'd consider buying a few DLCs for.

I recommend it if you like playing L4D online with friends - fairly decent co-op fun with skill trees for play style and a nice mix of weapons to compliment them.

9. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

Started playing through Akuji the Heartless and Exhumed on PS1, been after both of these games for ages so finally getting to play them after getting both for a fiver at NERG last weekend (£3 for Akuji and £2 for Exhumed). Akuji is done by the same guys that done Legacy of Kain : Soul Reaver so should be really good.

10. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: It's the only one I've not played (i've even played all of the gameboy and DS games). It's classic zelda, although the plot seems pretty random, mostly so it can fit in as a 'prequel', it's not as strong in story as other zelda games. Gameplay is great though, the wii motion plus control is smooth as anything, it's fun and never feels clunky or unnecessary. Upgrades are a nice touch as the battle system is evolving with the times, with power ups for weapons, items and potions to get stronger or different effects.

It's a lovely game and it looks lovely on a Wii U as well; it just doesn't have a great plot when compared to some other zelda games like Ocarina of time or Link to the Past.

11. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I just finished Tropico 5. Very decent game, enjoyed it, but the campaign is very short, quite disappointed.

Back to FM14 for me!

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Crysis 2 and a second play-through of Sniper elite 3.

13. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Still Skyrim.

Trying to raise smithing by mining my own iron ore and collecting my own hides. Getting my head around perks and trying to decide where to spend my perk points. Oh, and running away (bravely) every time I hear the dreaded thunderclap of an approaching dragon. :D

14. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Level blacksmithing, alchemy and enchanting to be invincible.

Level something else to actually have fun.

15. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Space Engineers, it's about being an engineer... in space!

Having lots of fun and some comedy disasters with making gravity propulsion drives :D

16. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer Minimodder

I have been playing Elite on the Acorn Archimedes, best old version of the game, gearing up and getting ready for Elite Dangerous later this year.

I have also been playing some of the old adventures like Zak McKraken, Monkey Island & Murder on the Mississippi on Amiga, Atari ST & C64

Newer stuff though I have been playing Wolfenstein (2009 - Use the term newer loosely) as bought it a few weeks before it was removed from Steam, I always seem to get halfway through this one then just leave it so hopefully this time I will push on get right through it. May pick up the new one after this, looks good enough as a no nonsense shooter or may just play through Return again.

Also been playing Alien Rage a bit which was in a bundle with Sniper Ghost Warrior 2, also a decent shooter if a little basic, it looks nice enough and has solid gameplay.

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Bought this a little while ago when it was 75% off. I'm quite enjoying it as I don't know if I want to play games or watch films/series at the moment and this fits nicely in the middle. I'm playing it on very easy as I'm not generally a fan of beat 'em ups and I just want something to while away the afternoon.

Very pretty and entertaining. I think I'm near the end after about 2-3 hours so a short game but definitely worth the money I paid. Only downside is that for some reason it needs 20GB hard drive space - no idea why.

18. maple

maple Minimodder

I'm playing Day of Reckoning on the GameCube, best wrestling game ever made I think, better than any smackdown on the sony consoles. On my 4th or 5th(I think) play on the story mode. Just really really good fun playing local multiplayer and the hardest difficulty (expert) really is hard. So hard if you play 2v1 handicap match against the a.i you will still have a hard time.

19. JohnRogers24

JohnRogers24 What's a Dremel?

Destiny PS4 Beta.

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Brutal Legend Started this moths ago but it did not really grip me. But don;t have much to play at the moment so having another go at it.