1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress The Blade Desk V2 - Finished

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Bladesingerz, 3 Nov 2012.

1. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Hey everyone, just a small update on the screen this time!
    I decided it was time to wallmount the 27" X-Star so I got a nice Vogel's mount.

[​IMG]

Just need to remove the foot from the X-Star... You need to open the monitor up in order to remove it. :wallbash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also started work on the UV upgrade, I already installed 3 rows of these nice UV led strips.
    [​IMG]

I'll soon post a small video I made from my tests with the Mayhem UV yellow green and UV green, lovely dyes.

See you next time.

2. SavellM

SavellM What's a Dremel?

This looks blooming amazing mate!

3. r104_for

r104_for What's a Dremel?

4. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

UV Green and new GPU!

Hey everyone last couple of months I tried out some green UV in the desk and heres the result.
    I really liked it but I moved back to red while also keeping the UV green fans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now onto the new GPU! A R9-290! Really like this gpu, better than my Tri-Sli GTX580's and a lot less power hungry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. darknessblade

darknessblade What's a Dremel?

i have found a error in the messurements, 1 bottem plate is missing,

"he used 3 plates for the bottem of (600mmx700mm)
    but on this mesurements state are only pictured 2 of this size
    so my question is how large is the middle plate (600mmx700mm [larger or smaller than this?])

6. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

ah yes, one bottom is missing there, I re used a sheet of MDF that I had left for it.

You might be interested to know that I'm already working on a new version of the desk that I'll be manufacturing for others as well.

7. darknessblade

can you also post the measurements of your new project (if its a desk table)
    just like you have done with this one?

8. n1ck3h

n1ck3h What's a Dremel?

Looks great.

My recommendations to make it look awesome:

1. Fill the empty space with something - Sign/Logo/Lights etc
    2. Wireless mouse and keyboard or a hidden cabling system
    3. Mount the speakers to the desk and hide its cables

-------

Just ideas but would really finish it off :)

Keep up the hard work!

9. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

The new project isn't ready yet to be shown, it will be a desk with loads of new possibilities for hiding cables and watercooling.

As I already said when its complete you will be able to buy it pre made, no assembly required (only the legs will need to be attached).
    It will be priced fairly so anyone can buy it.

Thanks! Yes the empty space has been bothering me since day 1, I was planning on housing the storage there but being unable to hide the cables I never did so.

Also my speakers really need an upgrade, they really are outdated and you're not the first who comment on them :(

Thanks for the pointers!

10. darknessblade

if you're selling your old one (the V2) what would it cost in (€ or $)

(a good price for the new desk could be around € 200-350 [material included {around €75 for the materials}])

11. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

I'm not sure yet! I've send you a PM to get in touch though :)
    And €75 wouldn't cover the cost for the wood, paint and glass btw. It would be a bit more, but still afordable.

12. GymnasticHippo

GymnasticHippo What's a Dremel?

Im new to these forums (so new in fact this is my first post)
    Ive realised I want to tackle a case mod and the more I look at things for inspiration and elements the more I lean toward a desk build. Id contemplated mdf but wasnt sure how durable it would be.
    Amazing build. I think youve opened up the mdf route for me. Obviously im very interested in thos premade desk for v3 that you speak but highly doubt you'd send to Australia. Maybe you could send through details and I could make my own based off your specs or something like that ��

Cheers,
    Phill

13. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Hehe thanks! MDF is a very nice material to work with, as long as you treat it right :)
    I checked for shipping to Australia and its quite expensive but I'll see what I can do for design and stuff!

14. MattBlox

MattBlox What's a Dremel?

I'm curious as to what type of USB header that you used as i'm interested in doing my own form of desk mod but am worried that if i ever want to use a memory stick or external harddrive that i'd have to access the motherboard via the back of the desk

15. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

The USB header in the front of the desk is just an extension cable of 2meters. I simply drilled a hole in the front and filed it down untill the header fitted in.
    Its quite hard to get right but worth the effort, gettings USB's in from the back is not a fun task.

16. MattBlox

MattBlox What's a Dremel?

thanks man really appreciate it :thumb: , thought it would be much easier myself to have a few USB headers round the front or even up round the screen rather than doing it round back as its never fun!

17. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Hello everyone, so I've finally finished the Blade desk, after 2 years of tweaking it it is now here.

I've also launched my own website http://www.bladedesk.com where you can see the different versions that the desk has taken over the years AND also order your own personal custom desk. Made fully to your liking.

Withour further delay, here are the final pictures. (For the best resolution check out my flickr page: Link

The right part of the desk is finally filled with HDD's and a SSD, I really liked how it ended up.
    [​IMG]

Finally got to use these temperature monitors, been waiting for ever to put them in.

[​IMG]

The drain port to drain the entire system.
    [​IMG]

The entire desk, with the UV on. One big addition as you can notice is the 2 extra screens, 27" 1440p screens adding up to a nice resolution of 1440 x 7680.
    [​IMG]

With UV off.
    [​IMG]

Thats all for today, a big thanks to everyone who has helped me durig the years and hope to see you soon!

18. Deblow

Deblow Minimodder

Looks fantastic, so many nice desk builds to dribble over now :D