1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mechanical Keyboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raptor77, 27 Dec 2011.

1. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Do you have full set of caps or is it just what you see? I know it's got a moogle on there do you have the original mods as well?

The arrows look like they are in the wrong place and the f-row looks like it's wrong, as a start.

I've done dp and the forum won't let me merge my posts, so sorry about that.

FIXED, MARGO! YOU ARE WELCOME.

Last edited by a moderator: 25 Jul 2014
  2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

And I'd only have 6 posts in here, instead of several hundred... :worried:

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

White Filcos with browns are harder to come by than other Filcos (they are only available new with reds) so I was thinking more for the board. I'd want to get £120 in total (that's what I paid for the board and caps together and it's worth that all day long I think.

It's exactly what you see there - it is a moogle and there aren't any original mods :thumb:

4. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

Now that you mention it... It's like some weird Lightsaver/rackmount keyboard PCB.

5. Justify

Justify What's a Dremel?

Just checking in! I understand Shirty is around here, I have a mechanical keyboard, the quickfire tk with brown switches, here are some pictures :)

http://imgur.com/a/sgTX7

6. Margo Baggins

Your board looks fun! Another TK user :D I am on TK right now. I think I type the most words through a TK.

George - I don't know. I think you could at a push get £40 for your caps, but in dollars thats like $60, and I've bought a full set of cherry DS for less than that, but without a moogle, you have a moogle but without the originals so it's really hard to put a price on it! but I think 40 for the caps 80 for the board and you've got your 120 :)

7. Shirty

A Redditor eh? Or at least a Ripster fan :p

Welcome aboard fella, I'm sure you know more than me already but get stuck in, this is a very friendly thread with a few legends in it as well. Just be warned it can move quickly so make yourself heard.

I'll send you a message about switches shortly.

Nice board BTW, Margo is a big fan of CM's and I've enjoyed the several I've owned as well. What are your master plans?

8. Margo Baggins

I'm a fan of nearly all keyboards. I don't discriminate :)

9. Justify

Justify What's a Dremel?

oh yeah i'm a redditor, I posted that imgur album of mine over there, you know..for keyboard science? but yeah I am wanting to experiment with switches, changing it up with the standard browns with lots of colors, everyone needs some variety in their life, you know? I also want to experiment with switches for a game that I play called osu! which some of you may or may not know. its a good game!

10. Shirty

CM's are very good though, I think they often get overlooked by some of the "purists" because they're a bit mainstream, but if they look and feel good then they are worth buying.

Oh, and <3 to my man Margo for embracing keyboard free love like me :)

Justify, I can't PM you (or at least you can't reply) until you get to ten posts.

11. Justify

Justify What's a Dremel?

I'll browse around, see what's up with the forums and stuff, find my feet :p

12. Margo Baggins

You should be able to PM him now. Maybe? Give it a go, I changed some settings on his account.

i dunno CM do some funny things, like the MECH, and sticking funny space bars on otherwise standard boards. but the XT is one of the best keyboards I've typed on no idea why, and the TK is my perfect work keyboard (with it's shiny like a mirror stock caps). I keep thinking I should bring a decent keyboard to work, but then I would probably worry about it as my office is an open office!

13. Shirty

That's great Matt, thanks (thanks to Sam too for his help earlier).

I'm using the Cougar as my work board at the moment, it gets a good variety of comments :D

14. Justify

Justify What's a Dremel?

yes I can pm now, thank you. TK is perfect for me, and I have rainbow LED covers which add a bit of customization. I plan to get POM keycaps (if they damn well get back in stock) and wrap my keyboard in vinyl, aswell as get some colorful cherry switches on my board. I have a big project ahead of me!

15. Margo Baggins

I thought you were selling that keyboard? If you want to sell it but don't want to be without a keyboard I good blues or browns ISO boards you can borrow for however long you need.

I gonna be in so much trouble with SWSBO - I'm not supposed to be buying keyboards, so I made a rather expensive deal with other day,which will result in the soon appearance of a rather expensive keyboard. oops.

Last edited: 25 Jul 2014
  16. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Bagsy not doing that job...!

17. Shirty

Very generous as always mate, I just can't bring myself to part with it for some reason...

18. JohnRogers24

JohnRogers24 What's a Dremel?

Just picked up a Corsair K65, with Cherry MX Reds. It's tenkeyless and small which is great, it feels very durable and nice, and it is just generally excellent to type on. Loving it.

19. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Reds are actually really nice for typing, in my opinion. I've ordered some springs that land about halfway between reds and blacks, they should be really nice too :)

20. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Hopefully this is a quick question.

What is it that makes vintage blacks feel different to ordinary blacks? Is it the material that the switch housing is made out of or the slider itself? I have some that are plate mount that I want to convert to PCB mount but I don't want to ruin the feel (they are definitely smoother than normal blacks at the minute)

Cheers

GK