1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

HEAT - Its HEAT; what more do I need to say/10

dat ending

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Dat lighting, cinematography and sound. Best sound design of any movie ever made, ever.

3. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Guardians Of The Galaxy - 9/10

Went into this with high expectations but plenty of doubts. They managed to pull off a pretty funny action packed film. Definitely better than the Avengers films. Now to wait for a Deadpool film true to his character =P

Heard the entire cinema burst out laughing at this
    Gamora: And by the way... Your ship is filthy. Quill: Filthy? She has no idea. If we had a blacklight, it would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire 5/10
    Visually oppulent, but storywise appearently just a filler between part one and (if produced) part 3

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have to agree with you,
    Drax the Destroyer: NOTHING goes over my head!... My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it.
    also made me and everyone else lol.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

God, I’m so bored of superhero films.

One or two were fine. But honestly, they are all so formulaic. Next it’ll be captain cardboard and his paper pals, fighting to save the galaxy. No doubt he’ll be a misfit in the recycling centre and all the other boxes will make fun of him because he doesn’t fit in. He’ll have a love interest of course (Tanya the tissue), and have to fight the bad guy evil mr shredder (hang on?), who no doubt wants to take over the world. Cue load of special effects, and fighting in which no one gets hurt, and a cheesy ‘boss battle’ at the end.

Seriously, Hollywood is dull and unoriginal, no wonder 2014 has seen shocking box office figures. We’re going to need the same kind of crowd funding revolution in movies as we’ve had in games. It doesn’t help that TV is insanely good right now, with shows like True Detective, Game of Thrones, and Sons of Anarchy putting most movies to shame, with brilliant storytelling, character development, action not just for the sake of action, and events that actually mean something to the audience (also, I appreciate that the 3 shows I’ve mentioned might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but they hopefully represent a few different genres)

7. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Have to agree Parge.

Hollywood films are dull and uninteresting with either superhero movies or action movies that contain nothing but monotonous explosions. Twilight and the Hunger games and other book-turned movies are ruining a lot of it. Every successful book HAS to be a movie and it doesn't matter how crap or badly acted that film is, it'll sell millions.

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

and every movie [like most games] has to be milked for all it's worth as a series...

TV is no better, yes we've hit lucky with a lot of good stuff, but because that stuff made boatloads of moneys, the higher-ups will [and to some extent have] command 'make more of that... that made us money', cue a sea of spin-offs and derivatives...

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Re: Guardians - just seen this and my vote lies with DLDeadbolt & MrDomRocks.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

:clap: I enjoyed it so much I am going to go see it again tomorrow.

11. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Rise of the Planet of the Apes 5/10, found the pace of the film quite slow and the storyline was very predicable and a bit boring.

Guardians of the Galaxy 9/10, i really enjoyed this film as the characters and the script worked well.

What where peoples thoughs on Howard the Duck at the end?

Last edited: 6 Aug 2014
  12. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Having seen the original Howard the Duck film I hoped that it would stay dead and buried but I guess that was too much to hope for.

Yes, I know the original was a George Lucas project and as long as he's out of it it might have a chance but I'm afraid that you can count me out on this one.

13. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The Heat. Funny in places but could have been a lot better without every piece of punctuation being ****, **** or ****. 4/10.

14. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Good to see Guardians getting raves. It's out on Friday here, and I'm really looking forward to it now :thumb:

Just saw Grand Budapest Hotel -- yeah, THAT late to release in India. My sister actually bought me the Blu-ray during her study-vacation in New York :lol:

It was excellent. Thoroughly enjoyable. 8/10, would recommend.

15. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy again last night (after going Thursday night also).

Love it :thumb: nice to get a different Marvel film than their recent offerings. I'll give it another week or so and then probably go again before it leaves the local cinema.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

The Expendables 3 - 9/10

had me grinning like a **** again in the last half hour, there was some dodgy editing during fighting but im hearing all kinds of rumours about it being edited in the US but not for us here in the EU but apart from that its clearly the best of the 3 so far.

Banderas ****ing steals it time and time again tho. hes clearly the best cast so far.

17. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Nice, I like these movies even though they're completely ridiculous. I'll have to go watch it :thumb:

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

The sheer volume of one-liners they got in there (especially Snipes' jail reasoning) alone made the film for me :D

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

The Expendables Directors cut - 9/10

cant believe how much better the directors cut is, almost feels like a different film, hell even the new opening credits is radically improved

20. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Guardians of the Galaxy - :D/10

Seriously. F***ing. AWESOME. :D