1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Risky

Risky Modder

121k Free XP sitting there so should be ok :)

2. Risky

Risky Modder

Skirmish Mode is fun. I get to drive a Chaffee in T6 battles when it normally sees 7-11!

3. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

I recently decided to rebuy the 3/4 with the intent of later going down the Leo1 line (got it before they split the line so the 3/4 didn't lead to the E50M).

Holy mother of why did I ever sell you. This tank is amazing! It's got all the speed of a light tank plus the armor and gun of a medium. The only thing it lacks is view range and camo.

11 battles since I rebought it... 2,033 WN8, 54% win rate, 68% accuracy (tier 5!), 167% damage ratio, and 54% survival.

I love my T-25, but this thing is everything it is PLUS the ability to run circles around enemies. I'm loving this guy almost as much as my 59-16 right now.

4. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

When I played in 3/4 (almost a year ago), I used to hate it a lot, grind past it, bought the Tier 6 then never played both med line until last month. The reason i hate is, i was terrible med driver, now I atleast understand the role of meds in game and i deeply enjoyed playing both Tier 6 VKs, both Aced, bought both tier 7 recently and thinking to go up Leo line first. :)

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Ive not played the PZ 3/4 since the split. From what i remember the PZ4 was more fun to play but the PZ3 survived more battles.
    For me once your past those its a bit of a grind. The VK3002 (proper panther) has rubbish gun depression do to the turret design same story with the Panther from what ive found. plud neither guns can deliver killer blows. OK both have a very quick reload time on them but they are very much flank or snipe from range tanks.
    The russian and British medium lines i found quite fun. OK the Cromwell is a horrible grind the Comet was good fun and so far the cent has been the same, nippy enough to get away turns quick and has a semi decent gun.
    Russian line i hated the T34-85 shells whizzing around anywhere but where i wanted. T43 so far has been funny as hell. I used the top 85mm gun and went back to the 122mm derp launcher. its good fun steaming into a fire fight and lobbing a HE shell at something big from behind and scooting off again. Tend to do a lot better with that than the 85mm gun though

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Started playing WoT/WoWP again...

...was quickly reminnded why I stopped playing...

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Hahahaha, I played my first battle in nearly 2 months last night and thought exactly the same thing, played another battle today and won but I don't think I can be bothered to play anymore. It feels more like punishment to play WoT these days.

8. RedFlames

I was thinking more of WoWP...

played 6 battles... got kamikaze'd by one of my own team-mates in every single one...

9. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

WOWP was a total flop to begin with tbh

and most of the decent WOT players stick to 7v7 / tank companies / stronghold modes these days

i miss being in a clan and being able to play those modes as it used to be VERY lucrative ( and great for crew XP ) but they require teamwork and usually teamspeak to be effective

maybe we could get some bit-tech 7v7's going sometime

10. RedFlames

There's nothing wrong with WoWP as a game... but holy **** the player base are idiots...

Which is a shame... i was better at WoWP than WoT...

11. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

Or a general Bit-Tech clan. If one exists then point me in that direction, need some people to play with.

12. lilgoth89

there used to be a bit tech clan ( Fatality ) but apparently that got to political, then 2 clans formed ( Dogs of war and DUDS ) Dogs of war ended up breaking up and the clan wound down and ive burned the bridge with the Duds guys during one of my more severe mood swings

few other members are in various clans

i think alot of people feel that the game is on a downward slope with the slight alterations to the MM, power creep, HUGE amount of clueless players, sold accounts, bots and such and simply do not play the game any more

good example of the FANTASTIC MM was earlier ( during peak hours ) i was in a queue with my stock matilda for 5 FULL minutes then it dumped me into a teir 7 battle ( that i normally cant get into )

''lilgoth (18:20:10) dafuq is going on with the mm suddenly dumping my matilda into teir7 battles''
    ''Jay9704 (18:21:04) lilgoth banned for abusive language''

curse of Jay strikes again >_<

Last edited: 12 Aug 2014
  13. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

- I never tried WoWP or WT:GF, from what i have seen, don't even wanna try

- Playing WoT can be frustrating sometime but I am still deeply enjoying this game .... just don't think to much about your stats

- I don't think we have enough number of active WoT players here, so creating clan will not work.

- But creating a Channel might be good idea, From now on I will try to create it everyday.... just search 'bit-tech'

- I am happy to toon up with anyone specially on Friday and Saturday nights

- if we have enough players on channel then we can try 7vs7, though it requires voice comms for best outcome, but still we can try

- lilgoth: Matilda in tier 7, How that can be possible? did you toon with any other tank?

14. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

How is Jay9704 still a mod? The guy is a total bellend who all but the biggest brown nosing creeps in chat take the piss out of.

15. lilgoth89

no platoon, but when you wait for along time in the MM queue the rules go out the window sometimes ( back in the early days if you played when the server was empty it would often start battles with 5 players a side ) but i dont expect that to happen during peak hours

i think it was one of the reasons they decided to stop showing you what tiers are waiting in the queue, they claimed it was due to bots figuring out how to always be top tier, but the MM videos show that you cant always be top tier, and when your due a bottom tier battle, it will happen regardless ( unless your in a tier X )

alot of the MM issues can be fixed very easily with 2 simple fix's even without overhauling the MM to be skill based
    1: create a 3rd server cluster specifically for people with less than a specific rating.
    This will encourage noobs by allowing them to face noobs and not get creamed by unicrum players, while making the other clusters have better games without to much tomato paste

2: if there are alot of a single tier in the queue, make single tier battles.
    this again will mean quicker matches, and fewer games where people feel so horribly useless as there will be tier 8 only matches for instance and it wont break the MM rules as your both top and bottom tier at the same time ( so if you are due one or the other the rule can apply )

granted Rule 2 could be abused by bots IF they knew which teirs have full queues ( and since this is no longer shown, it wont be a problem )

and how did Jay become a mod ??

from what little i know of the guy, the answer is very simple. One of his friends is an EU community leader that works at the paris office iirc ( source: Supertester ^_^ )

16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Ill admit its annoying when you get games where the teams is useless. For example last night I took my panther out to try and grind to the stupidly long gun. first game i was annialated by arty which OK that happens. Next game was Steppes, the entire team bar me and a T34-2 went left to the mountains leaving me and this Med to try and hold the right hand side.
    Needless to say that failed. few more games like that and i gave up on it. swapped into my Tiger. Had probably my best game ever in the thing ill pop the screenshot on later, did over 3K damage getting me High Caliber, Steel wall with two kills. nearest other player was around 1600 dmg :naughty:
    Brilliant game got behind a bit of hard cover to protect the lower plate and spammed out rounds and got accused of firing gold rounds most of the game.
    Just shows how random the game can be.

17. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

The problem with the (pub) group push is psychological. Using overwhelming force on 1 side of the map could be a viable plan if people wouldn't fall into the pit of diffusion of responsibility. It's not exactly a good plan because it relies on the other team falling into the same pit that you want to avoid, but given what I've seen in pub matches that's about a 99.98% chance. By diffusion of responsibility, I mean this:

bully heavy: "all the mediums stopped here! no way I'm going out there without support I'll stay here and snipe."
    mediums: "we'll wait here for the heavy to catch up. OK.... now he's camping... well guess we'll just camp behind him too."
    bully heavy: "nobody's moving... guess we're going to hold out here!"

Nobody's taking the responsibility to risk their tank and push the flank up. Even though you probably have overwhelming numbers on a side, people just don't feel like it's their role to push. Someone else will do it. Or when one person does it and dies they think "hah that's what'll happen to me if I try to push," when really if everyone had pushed with that person the stalemate would be over.

If members of a large group heading to a flank felt a responsibility to push hard and fast as long as it was clear that they had a numerical advantage, they could push through more effectively than a 50/50 split. Instead of camping out or peeking to minimize damage to individual tanks, the team needs to wear level damage between tanks in order to keep the momentum going. The only time the momentum should stop and shift is if the enemy team threw even more tanks to the side that's being pushed. Then, the side with less tanks needs to push while the side with more tanks needs to dig in and hold.

People don't feel that responsibility though. If they did before, they got conditioned out of it by other people not supporting a push. There's a difference between a coordinated push and a single tank over extending. The other problem with this method is that the enemy team can't do the same thing to your weakened flank. If they do, you'll end up just swapping sides and it's a race to the cap circle :p.

A single tank going out usually doesn't spur the group to move, but a platoon of good tanks who know when and how to push can inspire a group movement.

18. bagman

bagman Minimodder

x5 xp weekend so prepare for crazy games. Also created a bit-tech channel.

19. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

It was only me and bagman was in the channel, nobody else came in :sigh:

20. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

I'll join the chat but I can't platoon as I'm usually doing clan wars between 6:30-8.