1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress U N K N O W N - An Antec Build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by andrew8200m, 29 Jul 2014.

1. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Edit: As you may be aware, Destiny isn't on the PC now even after the reasonably solid rumours... So now its called UNKNOWN! the UNKNOWN mod will based around the Antec ISK600 case and other Antec parts.

Id like to thank Antec for sponsoring the build with a few free parts which include the following.

[​IMG]

Antec ISK600

Antec Kuhler h2o 950

Antec High Current Gamer 520W Modular PSU

Antec TrueQuiet 120 Fans

Heres a small selection of images below of the initial parts, the system specs are subject to the current hardware however will be compliant with Nvidias upcoming Shield 2 (more on that later).

EDIT:
    Build specs are likely to be as follows.
    - 2TB HDD
    - 250GB Samsung 840 EVO
    - 8GB 2800MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum
    - i7 4770K/4790K
    - Nvidia GTX 780Ti
    - Gigabyte Z97N-Gaming 5

TrueQuiet 120mm Fans

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kuhler h2o 950

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Antec High Current Gamer 520M

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Antec ISK600

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

U N K N O W N

*snip*

Some stuff about the build now its unrelated to D E S T I N Y in all ways possible! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all for today, more concept like pics to come soon. Less paint this time though.

Last edited: 10 Nov 2014
  2. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

Looking forward to this mITX build mate!

3. acemodder

acemodder Official Antec Rep

looking good Andrew :) I'm looking forwrad a nice crazy looking mod using our ISK600 :)

4. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Cheers mate, always been a fan of big OTT systems so this time I figured why not just use a semi OTT GPU, a nice CPU and some fast ram.. keep it small, keep it simple but more importantly ensure its still fast!

Hopefully ill not disappoint! Im keeping the paint images as simple as possible as to not give too much away although I may get some sketchup images on so you get a better feel for the basic design although I can promise you the exterior wont be basic at all and should be something you don't see very often :)

5. Monsieur R.

Monsieur R. In cornichons I trust.

Slightly tilted mini-ITX board ? This should be very interesting. :)

6. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Small update

A couple of pics of some parts, a mock up and a little bit of the case modding.

[​IMG]

Rivets... metal work will soon begin... :D

Marking out for cutting. :dremel:

[​IMG]

As you can see above, the under side of the case has been marked out with where to cut and where to bend. This should create the base for the fan mounts and shed some light on the design work in the original post. More to follow..

Below is the case cut out and bent accordingly. Its still a rough job with plenty to do in terms of finishing off the sharp edges and in getting the fans etc mount correctly. The whole case will be subject to an paint job to any cutting marks, scratches and flakey paint will be removed entirely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below you can see a mock up of the fans installed with some cable ties. This I hope should give you a good idea of how the case will end up sitting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So there we have it for now. An Antec ISK600 with the air flow concerns completely taken care of. The 780Ti and over clocked i7 need not worry come installation time now! :dremel:

7. caboose

caboose What's a Dremel?

very interesting concept. do like. most definitely subbed

8. acemodder

acemodder Official Antec Rep

Very interesting mod, not something I would have thought about doing myself on this chassis. Looking forward to seeing more progress.

9. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

What ya upto bud? Will await the finished product, looks different.

10. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

good luck

Love destiny. hope you do some justice :D looking forward

11. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Small update, after waiting for months on end for more info on the game I gave in.. Ive instead decided to leave the build unknown and just go with the flow however a battle scarred and wounded looking build is still on the cards.

I have just got a hold of a lovely new motherboard to ensure the build packs a decent punch. After a fair amount of research and lack of reviews on the boards I wanted I waited and the reviews soon came to light, to cut a long story short the Gigabyte Z97N-Gaming 5 or the Asus Maximus VII Impact were the two options. naturally I went with the most expensive, the impact as its arguably a better board and lets be honest, has a lot more going on which makes it look pretty cool!

cardboard case parts have now been made, these I shall start to transfer to a mix of aluminium and stainless in the coming weeks.

Apologies for the massive delay and lack of content.