1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google adds Trojan protection to Safe Browsing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 15 Aug 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

about time they started doing this and PUP websites what they need to do is Implement Bad website as Phishtank and other lists ignore scam websites (cold callers who pretend to be from "windows Support" there are still 2-3 websites i have on my list that are Not been blocked by any browser the sites are 5 years old)

they should sort out there advertisers first, put itunes in and you see the PUP links (say itunes.randombdownload.com) installs 3-5 pieces of unwanted software and then installs itunes

antivirus softwares should have been aggressive targeting PUP for long time now, coming to a computers that has 5-20 unwanted softwares installed and the antivirus just ignoring it

only AVG and Avast do it, but ONLY do once you have Enabled it, its Disabled by default

AVG its under the real time scanner bit
    http://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?urlname=What-is-Potentially-Unwanted-Program-PUP

avast you need to enabled in under active protection > sensitivity for web, mail and scanner
    http://en.kioskea.net/faq/15731-avast-enable-detection-of-potentially-unwanted-programs-pups

for normal users PUP should be enabled as most people cant make a informed decision on what is bad or good (for Adv users most prob want it off)

3. fodder

fodder Minimodder

and most will just click through to the dodgy site anyway, then call the family tech support as their computer is running poorly. :/

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

You beat me to it Nexxo!

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I couldn't resist such a perfect setup. :p

7. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

Does that mean it will start to block adobe.com? Whenever you install Adobe Reader it tries to also install Google Chrome too unless you specifically un-tick the boxes.

Tags: Add Tags