1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Risky

Risky Modder

I have been soling for a few days.

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i just signed it AND....its empty >_<

3. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

I'll try the channel tonight from about six. Will need someone to carry me. May be able to find a ts server.

4. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

I may be not tonight, but definitely tomorrow night :)

Friday and Saturday nights I play long hours.

5. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

I remade the channel last night but no one logged on. Sandwiched between the usual dross I churn out was mastery badges for T32 on a loss, 261 and most importantly my first on the 50/53! So nice to be actually hitting stuff for a change.

I'm away for the bank holiday but will definitely toon up next week.

6. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

OOO YES !!!

7. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Guided missiles that can go around corners...
    Objective based missions with time limits...
    Active Protection System (stops incoming missiles)...
    Respawning on some game types...
    Smoke grenades...
    PvE (AI enemy)...

Interesting, very interesting.

Closed beta Q1 next year... :sigh:

8. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Hey all - quick question. I'm coming up to being able to afford my first teir 9 and I three options:

WT auf Pz. IV
    Jagdtiger
    E75

Having made the right decision between the Ferdi and JPanther II (Ferdi rawx) thanks to some advice here, I thought I'd ask again :D I do lean more towards TDs for most of my fun this lot are obviously pretty different. I'd be happy with either TD I think - the E75 I'm not sure about. The Tiger II has been fun but can be a bit defalting in the gun department sometimes, especially if I'm against T9's and 10's.

9. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I haven't tried the WT auf but fear the big gun and high camo, if I am in a medium I don't fear them so much though...

I never got on with the JT, too slow, I LOVE my JPII though so that's says more about me than the TD, I haven't tried it since it got buffed in one update then lost its camo value upon firing in the next update.

I like my E75 more since it got more bounce to its armour some time back, I have had it a long time and went off it when it seemed as weak as a Tiger II, I went back to it recently and I think the updates in between have been kind to it, it definitely plays better now than it did.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Last edited: 2 Sep 2014
  10. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

E75 is hopeless without the top gun though...

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

11. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Haven't played either TD so I can't comment on them much.

Regarding the E75, I have one that's mostly stock. It is not that bad at stock. The main drawback at the start is that the thing's slower than an E100 with the stock engine. However, you can upgrade the stock engine without the tracks for 25k exp so that'll be moot after about 15-20 games. The gun you carry over from the Tiger 2 is quite workable at tier 9 for 2 reasons:

1) 225mm pen is "good enough" it's not awesomesauce, but as long as you play smart it won't hinder you too much.
    2) Right off the bat you get a small reload boost.

As soon as you get the top turret (necessary for the top gun) you get another reload boost. At this point even without the top gun, you're reloading a 320 alpha gun in less than 8 seconds (I'm assuming 100% crew, rammer, and vents) for a DPM of 2,500ish.

The top gun, while it boosts your alpha and pen, drops your dpm back to the 2,200s and makes your reload a little over 13 seconds.

The stock grind for the E-75 is NOTHING to the stock grind for the E-50 I had to do. You can compete and do well with the stock gun, especially in tier 9 and lower games.

You might be wondering about that turret armor only being 185mm thing at stock. If you're playing mostly pubs, people are ignorant. They've been trained by 7-10 tiers of experience not to aim at the turret of tanks. They don't notice that you only do 320 average damage to them or they just assume you're grinding out the gun. Rarely will anyone actively aim at your turret to exploit the weakness.

Other than that, your hull armor is the same hull armor you'll have fully equipped. In tier 9 and lower games you can bully other tanks like the Tiger 2 never could. You just need to get to the front line fast enough to do the bullying which is why the engine upgrade is necessary.

12. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I disagree that the stock/Tiger II gun is "good enough", I found it weak against other T9's although it is okay against T8's. The longer reload on the top gun is a pain but comes down with rammer and a crew with lots of secondary skills e.g. BIA etc.

Dae314 is right about the weak stock engine, it really comes alive with the top engine, you can almost take a tea break whilst driving into position with the stock engine it is that weak.

The biggest weakness of the E75 basically expands upon what Dae314 is saying about the turret, if anyone can flank you they can pen you. Front-on only the commanders hatch is a weakness if you don't show too much of your side turret - from a distance, only a few tanks are accurate enough to hit it reliably but up close watch out.

However, if you get flanked then you are basically stuffed as if you turn your turret to shoot at the flanker, you expose the weak side of your turret to front-on enemies. If you don't kill the flanker (or your team mates don't support you), you are more or less dead as even T6's can penetrate your side and it is a BIG side to aim at.

I have found that the best scenario in an E75 is to angle your armour (hiding your lower front plate) and let people waste shells tracking you with deflected shots down your side, you get a lot of Steel Wall awards that way and you can hold a flank quite effectively if you have control of the bottleneck (and don't get artied or flanked).

All in all I like the E75 more now than I did a year ago, like I said I think it has had some adjustments to the armour, in particular the mantle as I seem to recall it used to get penetrated too easily.

13. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Pretty much any tank you drive will be in a tough spot if you get flanked. Not only are you now facing double the firepower (roughly), one of those firepowers is positioned to take out modules and crew easily. For faster tanks, it's easier to flex and get away from a position where you're fighting 2 tanks at once, but for tanks like the E-75 it's not so easy.

If you're far ahead and you get flanked and your team can't give you supporting fire, that's a good indicator that you over extended. If you're in a situation where you could get flanked from any angle, you want to have a way to break contact with either your front or your flank least temporarily and engage just 1 direction. Also keep in mind what lines of fire your team and artillery has since you can use that to set up traps. Good drivers love flanking (you do damage and usually can get out scott free what's not good about that?) but flanking is dangerous with insufficient information. If you present yourself as a flanking target knowing that your mostly unspotted team has your flank covered well, you can usually spring a nice trap on at least 1 tank eager to get some extra damage on you.

14. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I finally got the British Medium Tier 8 Centurion Mk1 and am absolutely loving it!

Now bear in mind, I free EXP'd my way to the top tracks, turret and 20pdr gun, already having the 2nd upgraded engine, 2nd gun & radio from the Comet, I basically had a short grind the top engine and top radio so I did not have the pain of playing stock.

I also slapped a Gun Rammer, a Vert Stab and vents (although I am thinking of replacing the vents with optics) so it's fully upgraded now.

A combination of that great pen, good refire rate (6.75s with my crew/rammer) great gun accuracy and many great hull down opportunities with it's bouncy turret plus its reasonable mobility - I am having a blast!

Coming mainly from the German line, it nice to have decent gun depression :D

Look forward to the Centi 7/1 going forward.

15. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I eat Centurion turrets for breakfast in my JPII with the T10 gun, I don't really bother with the hull (from front) as the gun & turret are so easily penetrated.

:D

16. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Yeah well so does anyone using shell overmatching (12.5CM gun on the JP2?) or using premium rounds. But the tank is still fun as anything to play.

17. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

:thumb:

18. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I eat most tanks for breakfast with the ISU152.

Anyway E75 JT Waf choice, i would go with the JT, you get a PaK L66 it lobs shells at a decent rate (just under 10s with teh big gun 100% and rammer) doing about 500 dmg a go. Its pretty mobile suffers on hills like all German tanks. Ive not played the Waf so i cant say how that is bti h ave both the JT and E75

19. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

9.3 patch previews from Jingles & QuickyBaby are interesting, some long overdue nerfs, like the T57 Heavy (although I'd prefer to see all of the auto-loaders changed this way...), with it's accuracy over range and when turning the turret reduced.

The KV-1S being moved down a tier and having the KV-85 as a replacement is a good move. the KV-1S has long been OP. By the time I got one, I wished I have never suffered the pain of German or British tier 6 in comparison. The introduction of the 100mm gun should make the KV-85 a bit more rounded, hopefully better at supporting, rarther than derping and then backing off, so better able to keep up a reasonable DPM.

The Hellcat, again, in some respect it has been OP for a long time, however, I wonder if given all the auto-loaders and derp guns roaming about now, if it will actually make the Hellcat a bit lacking.

The new tier 8 light american tank t49 looks... dangerous, especially with the 152mm, derp gun.

Tier 8 to 10 - no more engine fires from hits to frontal transmissions (the bane of most high tier German tanks and some others!) - now don't get me wrong, I love my E100 - but, the number of tanks (not even using premium ammo) that 1 hit you frontally, set you on fire, and trash your engine is ridiculous. The issue has always been that it also make you useless to the team your on.

Bert the Avenger (FV304) - finally nerfed - so it can't get away with acting as a scout speeded TD/Arty combo death machine!

The T92 arty has however been buffed. Which surprised me a bit, although I confess I don't know how it compares to other arty, I always thought it a dangerous piece of arty to watch out for.

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/44290-93-supertest-patch-notes/

all in all, pretty good :D

20. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

I played on test server and my experince is - USA Tier 7 & 8 light, German Tier 8 light and new KV1S at Tier 5 are OP. And soon people/whiner will start cry about those tanks. And for sure they will get nerf after couple of patch to re-balance(!).

I didn't played i any USSR light tanks so can't comment on those.

I really hate WG for their nerf and buff game!