1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Playstation controller Mods.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by lukemm, 31 Aug 2002.

1. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

-old thread is back - :eeek:

ok were you get that

2. ST8

ST8 What's a Dremel?

play.com 6.99 :p

3. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

Ratshack, Dono the price.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

While you're at it, get some polymorph (dunno it's real/proper name) and mould yourself a custom shape for your hands... :)

5. MaximaMan2000

MaximaMan2000 What's a Dremel?

6. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

this sounds bad ass, i think i will do this also.. hmmm yes, i think i will

could you add an extra power line so that the rumble feature is provided

7. fjr0122

fjr0122 What's a Dremel?

....Bullcrap!

:p

I have that same device and I got a driver floppy (yes a floppy) along with it and the drivers work fine....including dual shock rumbling and dual analog joysticks, although it doesnt support the analog buttons functions of a ps2 controller .....if you want the drivers i could email them to you (they are 200 some odd k)

I have two more bits of bad news though...
    The buttons on the remote that dont correspond to a button on the controller arent supported by these, and when using mine I havent been able to take good advantage of it due to some calibration problems (could be because my case doesnt ahve a real ground....it's happened before) if anyone else has had the calibration problem then I would really like to hear about it. :p

found the following here http://www.epanorama.net/documents/joystick/tvgames.html

If you track down the Vcc pin (#5) in the controller then you could jack power from it. (thanks lukemm for directing me to that hard to find site)

I did a mod like this to a standard pc gamepad I found at compusa, the controller was shaped much like a psx controller but it was made with a totally clear body (and it was on clearance for $10) and so i bought it and did some very very frustrating and delicate soldering and got two blue leds into the thing, it was rather cool! But I had the grounding (or some other issue...was using a ensoniq sound card back then) and the controller wouldnt work right so I never really got to use it. :p

8. Splynncryth

Splynncryth 0x665E3FF6,0x46CC,...

I pruchased the exact same thing. The USB power isn't enough to do much, but there are a couple pins that are used to carry power from the PSX. As I said, these are unused on the converter. Hook up a 9 volt line to them, and then you have power for the LEDs, and have incresed the compatiability of your converter with PSX controllers. This link has the pinout, it is near the very bottom of the page. It's listed as unused, but some controllers out there do use it.

9. bHawk

bHawk What's a Dremel?

I was wondering if anyone had problems with the right analog stick when using the ps2 controller on the pc. I posted this thread with a problem i had in vice city. Essentially the right analog stick's axis are transposed (ie: up = left, down = right and vice versa). There are some really good parallel port drivers that can fix this problem, but does anyone know some good usb ones?

As for the rumble, my usb adapter supports it just fine, however its not very strong and im guessing its cause its a 5v line.

10. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

direct link???

11. ST8

ST8 What's a Dremel?

12. Washfordmonkey

Washfordmonkey What's a Dremel?

know this is dragging up another thread.. but did anything come of this?
    just started a ps2 mod idea.. and wouldnt mind nicking the idea...

13. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

Again, sorry for dragging up an old thread, but i thought i'd ask here rather than make a new post. I'm looking for any info, photos, guides on people that have on modding PS2 Dualshock controllers.
    I'm looking at the coloured see through versions and perhaps putting LEDs to make it glow. It seems like a easy idea, but i can't seem to find any1 that has done it already :S

14. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

Well no replies, but i've decided to go ahead and give it ago anyway.
    My new pad has arrived:
    [​IMG]

Shame the plastic doesn't seem to be UV reactive as i hoped, so i'm looking at normal colour LEDs to put in there. Yellow wasn't my 1st choice for colour, but it was the cheapest i could find. If i can pull it off, i'm thinking about doing another colour and could look into replacing the buttons....

15. spartan24891

spartan24891 What's a Dremel?

ps1 memory flash drive replacement

heyy guyz iv got a ps1 and i havent yet got a memory card and the fact that iz bugging me iz that i waz wondering if you could wire up a usb flashdrive or thumbdrive whateva can store memory on it and you can use it to save games and stuff im good at modding sooo if there iz a way dont hezzaattee thx guyz i would reeeaaally appreciate it :thumb: :lol: