1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Silen Flux

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Egami, 9 Sep 2013.

1. Egami

Egami Why is the dremel on fire?

CNC router! :jawdrop: So wish I had one! Any chance you might have a log lurking somewhere detailing your experiences with the said wonder machine?

Let's just say that one of the reasons I got this printer was the first degree print quality it was supposed to come with. I'm not happy at all at the prospect of having to sand down the prints afterwards - that's after all the very thing I was looking to eradicate when shifting from hand working acrylic to 'printing. :geek:

Sitä kiittää ja kumartaa. Welcome aboard Tekonivel!

2. Oozy

Oozy What's a Dremel?

Really impressive work so far. I really like your clean build. I had to sign up because there are so many stunning build logs. Subbed! :jawdrop:

3. Egami

Lying on the floor with my camera I found myself thinking; if only this was a girl...

[​IMG]

...she’d think “Josef Mengele” and promptly leave me.

With another bout of daydreaming shattered, let’s see what shenanigans we’ve been up to.

[​IMG]

Holes to be! Fancy guessing just how difficult it was trying to draw those?

[​IMG]

A lot harder than wannabemilling-drillin’-dremeling them, I tell you. And yes, that would be me once again abusing bits meant for something entirely else. :D

[​IMG]

But gods they work so well.

[​IMG]

Hashing it all out.

[​IMG]

Back to work.

[​IMG]

Doodle doodle...

[​IMG]

It’s the often the little things, and mistakes, that take the most time. Like here I found myself needing to paint black grommets black after spray painting them white and then of course cracking the white into million little shards on re-insertion. Cursing my idiocy I scratched out the remaining white only to end up with four rather fugly looking semi-black case hole covers. To avoid repeating the earlier mistake I applied some ~10 layers of what miniature painters call “wash” to even out the black and make the grommets look like nothing had ever happened. Sigh.

[​IMG]

To console myself I decided to start work on the remaining mobo cable management. Time to turn the poor back panel into Swiss cheese in earnest.

[​IMG]

All the misc cables (front usb, power led, reset etc) will be brought up from underneath the mobo, thin and as invisible as possible. Call it an attempt to troll the nitpickers who go out of their way to look for missing cables and whatnots. ;)
    Eugh, so much filing.

[​IMG]

More of them little things that take forever to make but which nobody ever even sees. This little bit will be the secret support piece behind the back panel for the atx wires. On the right you can see one of the cpu block piping holes to be.

[​IMG]

And where there is pipe there must be a way.

[​IMG]

Build a structure said KG, go dowel said wthenshaw. Had either of them said what they did in isolation my brain would have pretty much gone thanks, but no can do - but now something clicked and they can feel responsible for yet another wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-idea.
    Clips. It’s so simple it’s almost stupid. The ones below are for... well, one of the corners. I’ll explain better with pictures when we get to that stage.

[​IMG]

And what did I do while waiting for a certain moody printer to do its thing? Try and bring light to this world, of course! :D
    The acrylic hasn’t cracked around the piping holes btw, it’s just the drooping protection film that’s making things look broken.

[​IMG]

That’s all for now folks. Little things.

4. flix

flix Minimodder

Very nice work.
    I had the same idea for tubing of the cpu block, thanks for showing me how it will look :)

5. Egami

I've been head-desking over the electrics and clips for the last couple of weeks but they both keep resisting me like their lives depended on it. Stuppid little buggers. Got a small pile of little things to share with you soon again but first let me show you what the mailman smuggled past my door...

[​IMG]

Where could it be from?

[​IMG]

Slovenia! Open! Quick!

[​IMG]

Oh lordy lordy lord...

[​IMG]

Shall we have a look inside?

[​IMG]

A beautiful assortment! One of the first things I noticed were the new cover films on the EK logo to keep everything shiny and pristine. Beyond that there was the usual assortment of mounting ware, backplates for Intel and AMD, less jetplates than with the old Supremacy, and of course the new transparent innards.

[​IMG]

Peeling off the cover films.

[​IMG]

Oh she is a beauty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whatever glue EK uses on the new badges made the bugger stick to the block like there was no tomorrow. I wrestled with it for nearly an hour until I was forced to give up and accept that removal meant destruction. Thankfully I had a few extra badges lying around so it wasn’t that big of a deal. However if you’re planning on getting the block and flipping the logo it might be a good idea to pick up a bag of spare buttons as you go.

Anyways, here they are side by side; EVO on the left and the old Supremacy on the right.

[​IMG]

The new innards really give the block a whole new level of transparency and looks. I bet those wanting to polish their blocks and go with dyes will get some mindblowing results.

[​IMG]

Time to slap the baby on and see how she looks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, I’m lost for words. What do you guys think?

6. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Looking fantastic, love the tubing on the gpu's :)

I've got the Supremacy (I polished it) for my build, how is the Evo compared in performance?

7. Weck

Weck What's a Dremel?

Love that cable routing and the white plexiglass, looks amazing and really clean.
    Loistavaa työtä :thumb: