1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Gardnerphotos' G5

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by gardnerphotos, 28 Jul 2014.

1. gardnerphotos

gardnerphotos What's a Dremel?

I draw my models in Solidworks and use their built in renderer using the default settings, I really need to learn how to adjust the settings but haven't got round to it yet

2. piecake13

piecake13 What's a Dremel?

i myself am attempting a g5 mod. a quad and a double (maybe even a triple if i can get myself one). the quad is just an inch too long (the openings for the inlet/outlet). thinking of doing a rear "plate" that is standing off at that same distance to asthetically cover the lines as well as the io's. do you think this would work? would love to have your opinion. also wondering if i could use your 3d model of the g5 to plan out my lines?

3. gardnerphotos

gardnerphotos What's a Dremel?

I assume you are talking about radiators? a 480mm radiator is more than an inch longer than the case. The case measures ~460mm and a 480mm radiator is around 520mm long when you include the end tanks. You could do an extended plate although I think it would mess with the clean lines of the case. Rather than going for a 240 and 480 I think you would be better off going with 2 360mm radiators which you might just fit internally although you might have a struggle fitting the 360 in the front, it would have to go from the top to the bottom of the case. If you PM me I can send you my sketchup file of the case although it isn't 100% accurate