1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Elite - Dangerous by David Braben

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jedra, 6 Nov 2012.

1. ThirtyQuidKid

ThirtyQuidKid Minimodder

I had to spend a lot of time adjusting the sensitivity and deadzone in game. It takes a while to get it comfortable but it worked OK for the t16000.M

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I'm resisting the urge to get this just yet as I have soooo much on and if I play it anything like the original I will lose months to it :)

3. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Just to check, did you calibrate the joystick via the windows game controller thingy?

First thing I did and there's no deadzone on my T16000-M.
    It's virtually flawless in fact, perfect movement and accurate too.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yep did that and downloaded the software for both the Saitek Joystick and the Thrustmaster and tried that and it was still the same.

Will try it again when the game releases.

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

As a heads up, my R3volution took about three hours to build and was a bit of a pig. Fantastic once built though.

6. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Thanks Cei, always good and helpful to the forums :thumb:

[​IMG]

Goal is to put it together mindfully, mindfulness often forgotten in the fast paced world today.

This is the high point so far in my involvement with computers in my life. This is basically going to be a VR terminal position.

7. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Oh, if you got the acrylic tabletops, make sure you fit the mount for them on the central 'core' as you assemble the front section before tightening. I didn't, and I had a massive problem fitting it afterwards (it involved a rubber hammer and swearing).

Seat rails are also awkward. Make sure you slide them totally forwards and backwards to fit the mountings before returning to the 'neutral' position to put the seat on the frame.

Finally, the pedal tray is loose until you do your final tightening. In fact, the entire setup appears to not fit properly until you tighten all the screws all the way in - but don't be tempted to do that early, you need 'give' as you're setting it up.

The one thing I haven't solved with my r3v is final layout. I can't quite work out what to do with the main tabletop when I'm using the Warthog stick and throttle mounts as well. However, I can't come up with the solution until I move house and know where it's finally going.

8. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I just finshed it, its pretty awesome, yeah I feel understood sitting in it, like some one has gone into my dna and bones or some thing and has from my pelvis outwards in the minimal amount necessary provided the exoskeleton for my terminal access.

It feels like home straight away and sort of intelligent, I don't even have one quibble about it.

I'm going to post some pictures up of it, yeah I defeinaly feel supported in it and assured kind of thing, Im going to post some pictures up then mess around in it for a bit then post back thoughts.

I feel just in these few minutes that I could game or work in this thing for 30 to 50 hours straight, I have a new found appreciation of my keyboard lights if I am honest, before it was kind of stupid but it is an object in its own right / orbit and the lights are a great guide, I am like in the dark now but because of the screen hotas lights and keyboard I know completely were I am.

Defiantly feel a lot more comfortable, I would say 3x as much maybe 4 or 5 times as much, I feel completely relaxed but focused in it, my body seems to appreciate the position more than I relize, my body has not stress points.

I had to throw my desk away and I don't take that lightly at all so I am in a good mood about this structure, this is pretty cool I like it.

Be right back with some pictures.

9. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Last edited: 7 Sep 2014
  10. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Anyone else have server issues last night? Cargo full of ill gotten narcotics.. drifting cold into the station... Server connection lost... arrrgh!!!

11. ThirtyQuidKid

ThirtyQuidKid Minimodder

Yeah, same here, it was bad all day. Gave up about 10 last night.

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, plus sometimes it takes an absolute age to load into open play. It seems 1.04 introduced some networking issues that need to be worked out.

13. ThirtyQuidKid

ThirtyQuidKid Minimodder

Server issues seem OK, so far, today and it's quicker loading into free play. No glitches coming out of super-cruise either.....

14. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

just purchased voice attack, any tips, just going to try to figure it all out. what ive seen of it, it looks awesome.

15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

16. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

nice just bought it, will watch the two vids then install it.

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Makes sure you train windows to recognise your voice. Works a lot better after that!

18. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Good for you, man! Now.. play with them!!! :D

19. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I was thinking about Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X - anyone has it and can confirm how it's dong in ED?

20. BradShort

BradShort Familyman - Forever gamer

T flight is perfectly fine in ED. . Control is fine. . . . Elite Dangerous: - Docking - Manual with Thristma…: http://youtu.be/HO2pO_XDdmc