1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Mobile games: doing it right

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 12 Sep 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

I'm not much into mobile games but I found this interesting.
    I thought someone ought to show some appreciation... :)

3. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

I do like game with a stron visual and audio indentity (what most modern games lack ... they all looks the same). What I do not like baout mobile games is the lack of proper controls. I just can't adapt myself to the feedbackless "tactile" control.

I bought several mobile Humble Bundle and they are great. Eufloria is a another great example of good mobile game.

4. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

Playing Plants vs Zombies on an iPad was the first moment I started to have doubts about mobile gaming with only a touch screen. I quickly realized that my hand obscured my view of most of the screen while tapping somewhere and the only way to not block either the zombies coming in from the right or the sun generated by my sunflowers on the left was to put the tablet down and use both hands.

Although I do still play games on my iPad when I've got room to relax or support it something, like a sofa arm, my London Underground gaming sessions now take place in emulated fashion on a Sony Xperia Play I picked up dirt cheap off eBay with a huge extended battery slapped into it. It's not my primary phone and probably never will be, but for listening to podcasts while playing Advance Wars, it'll go all week on 1 charge.

Last edited: 19 Sep 2014
Tags: Add Tags