1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Still have the interview, I emailed back asking for feedback and conformation of the mistake.

He came back saying the mistake was sending the rejection email to me and he would be calling me tomorrow regarding an interview time.

I've had a really good weekend with family and girlfriend, I'm a little tired of the crappy shifts i'm getting at work hopefully soon that will be no more.

Currently because of distance I can only spend the weekends with my girlfriend and she seems happy to spend the entire weekend with me, fortunately she's really in with my family so just hanging around isn't a big issue until I get back from work and we can chill with a movie or something.

I'm just ready to work full time now, I've been ready since the day I finished University but i'm now desperate.

2. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

What's awesome? This post brings my current post count to 2000 :)

Yeah yeah there was an old account I ran with for years... but never mind that small detail.

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

This weekend = Goodwood Revival = 2 Lancasters.

Sam

4. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

We won our first ultimate frisbee match last night! Got me a point plus a block or two. Even better, other team got upset with me for being excited for my first point and told me "next time don't do that, this is rec", so when I had the opportunity to spike down one of their passes, I made sure I really smacked it down, than just stared the guy down.

Edit: Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Been asked to work EuroGamer Expo.

Looks like I get three days working a stand with some downtime during those days. Hotel paid for and then crashing at Invictus's place before some of us meet up on Sunday to wonder around EGX.

Not the first event I have covered as I worked Insomnia 52 so no biggie. :D

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Be sure to rock up to Elite's 30th birthday party! :thumb:

7. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Managed to secure a 'small' month long contract for October, which means I will make a significant profit rather than breaking even for my first year in business, Which considering everybody said wouldn't be possible is nice!

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Huh? Elite Dangerous?

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Elite Dangerous is the 4th installment of the original Elite, which was released on the BBC Micro on Septemer 20th, 1984.
    (Some of us are old enough to have played it back then!) :hip:

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Hahaha dude I wasn't even alive in 1984.

I will try and see what I can blag :D

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

pretty sure I still have my Spectrum copy of Elite somewhere, even though the game is older than I am

12. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

I suppose me being a dad in the next 6 months is something to be happy about!...and scared! :)

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Knowing that the PR company I have done work for would like to hire me but currently budget doesn't allow for it. Knowing what they want from me I can without batting an eyelid.

This has kind of made my day, not to mention Gauntlet Early Access Bundle should be arriving at some point today. (Which was completely free).

Hoping the budget situation sorts itself out and they offer me a job. Would need to be the correct amount of money but I am willing to move to build a career.

14. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Got a job interview in a couple days at a car repair shop here in town. If I should get hired, it'll mean more money for me to put away.. :) Wish me luck! :D :rock:

15. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I can pull a 70# (@32 kilo) bow. Sitting in my wheelchair.

Also, teaching myself leatherwork.

16. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

It's natural to be scared mate. Especially if it's your first? It's hard work but very rewarding, but the time flies and before you even know it your kid turns 5 :hehe:

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

cards against humanity expansions 4 and 5 as well as the "Bigger Blacker Box" arriving.

should be able to get a good game of it tonight.

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Loving The Cards Against Humanity Online Clone http://pyx-2.socialgamer.net/game.jsp play a fair bit with friends.

19. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

The Mrs. sent her Galaxy S4 mini off to be repaired (standard camera fault, nothing I could do myself) and started using her old Nokia lumia 520. A day later " can I use your old S3? I'm already fed up of this windows phone". The mrs. has come to the dark side, she can't deal with anything but android.

My rooted S3 with Paranoid Android will give her quite the surprise.

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Been working on one of the balconies for the house here over the last couple of weeks. Finally got it to a functional state today :) Rather chuffed to say the least!

http://imgur.com/a/ruliG