1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

Surface Pro 3 + Purple Type Cover

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

something something something dark side something something complete

[​IMG]

3. Thaifood

Thaifood Minimodder

so almost got one of these... but ended up with a 13 mbp instead

4. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Shirty will be along soon to induct you into the official club :hehe:

5. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Ooooooooooooooo!

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It's truly a wonderful group to be in :)

If you're after a sensible mouse to twin with it I'd recommend the Sculpt Comfort over the more expensive options like the Arc or Wedge (I've tried and returned both). It's easier to live with and Windows 8.1 loves the contextual gesture button.

It's also more, well, comfortable. Plus it's more realistically priced - I got mine off an eBay business seller new for £19 delivered.

Omega Point likes this.
  7. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

Do we get to wear special hats?

Don't thing I'll be needing a mouse much as I'm probably going to be mostly using it in tablet mode, as a replacement for a Surface 2 (non-pro). But I'll bear it in mind should my VX Nano need replacing.

8. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

[​IMG]

Now where is my damn RAM (also note, i bought the wrong redux fans for my NH-D15 and aquaero will probably be useless, oh well).

9. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

MSI GTX 750ti (the cheapest one!) and a Dell P2314T Monitor.

10. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i think Nvidia missed a trick with the 750ti with the lack of SLI

having one in my case i would pick up another one and SLI them if i had the option...

but i guess having 2 750tis would be
    Faster
    More Efficient
    Cheeper

than some of Nvidias higher offerings

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

After 12 months of 5S ownership, and for the first time in 7 years of iPhone ownership, I am giving serious consideration to jumping ship and getting a HTC One M8 or Galaxy S5. My 5S has been a major disappointment where it matters i.e. Cell and data signal reception, call audio quality and camera quality. It will be a huge task and major inconvenience to switch to android after 7 years, but I'm not paying what they want for a 6 Plus on the same tariff as I'm on now, for a phone that is still behind the competition on features and functionality, which I'm told may not work any better than my 5S has done, and I'm not keeping the 5S a day longer than I have to.

I have been a fan of Apple phones all along, and it's taken a lot to begin to turn me against liking them, but it's happened. They need to build a phone that works as a phone again. They haven't done that since the 3GS.

12. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

13. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

If you're jumping ship, the M8 is generally considered the Better Designed of those 2, though I'd give special thought to the Xperia Z3, its probably the only one with a noticabley better camera, build quality, durability, and screen, and the Compact model is smaller than the iphone 6, just.

14. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

My boss has a 5s

I cannot get over how bad the call quality is on it, sounds like he is talking from inside a cake :miffed:

Then my GF used to have a 4 and that had awful reception problems.

They need to make it a top notch phone first them add all the fancy bits on, especially for the costs.

Oh and a LED alert.

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

My wife has the S5 and I have to say that I am not impressed. The screen, although nice enough is too saturated for my liking, as it is an AMOLED screen, the colours are too harsh and bright. The speakers are not great, on the odd occasion she watches a short video or even a film, they sound like rough little speakers.

The charging port cover on hers broke off very easily and apparently this is a common problem with them. She is never heavy handed with things either as she's always scared of breaking it.

I much prefer my Sony Z2, better battery, gorgeous screen and the sound on it is far more natural than that on the S5. Calls are always very clear although the ringer and alarm tones are not as loud as I would like.

16. Unicorn

It has an LED alert already, I only found out recently but you enable it in the settings and it activates the camera flash when you have a call, text etc. I wholeheartedly agree about everything else though, the call quality is indeed horrible on it and I wish they would make that work before trying to add lots of different features to it. To have a smartphone which costs over £500 and doesn't perform well as a phone is just silly. That and the lack of user upgradeable storage are the two main factors which are pushing me towards making the huge decision to jump ship and switch to Android.

I have heard similar reports regarding the build quality of the S5, and having played with both, the HTC One M8 would be my choice between the two.

Thanks for your recommendation of the Xperia Z3 Stothered, I'll certainly give it a look as well :thumb:

17. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I'm not a rich man, so I got a Moto G 4G. Really great phone and faster than my old S3. Simple to use (and easy to root) with one of the best batteries i've seen in a smartphone as of late. Seriously, they're the budget champion at the moment.

18. Unicorn

Missed this earlier in the thread... Four?! For home use or general public blinding activities? :D

19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I've got a Moto G 4G, and it's brilliant. Sure, it doesn't have a 1440p screen or a fingerprint scanner or whatever, but I paid about £120 for it and it's been superb. As Darkwisdom says, the battery life is fantastic (although I do think that this is in part because KitKat seems far, far better at power management than previous iterations of Android).

I genuinely don't think there's a phone to rival it at less than £200. The main weak spot is the camera, however, which I've found to be pretty bloody ropey (it's far worse than the camera in my old Galaxy S2, for example, which was actually pretty damn good).

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Phones are for phoning. Use a camera for camera-ing! :thumb: