1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding modding sugestions.. (now with pics!)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Smilodon, 14 Jul 2003.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

ok... i suddenly got tired of my old cheap white (!!) case.. i want to make a window, but this crap has the old fasion one piece side/top panels... anyway.. just found a nice case...

Aero S202

i have figured out a few things to do:

1: make the bars on the sides change color aswell...
    2: cut a nice window... not sure about design yet...
    3: stelth drives..
    4: mabye some LED fans..

does you guys have any suggestoins for anything more to do? or have any opinions on of the case is good or bad?..

Last edited: 18 Jul 2003
  2. Hmm_nick_Hmm

Hmm_nick_Hmm What's a Dremel?

Sounds pretty good. If you did any one of those thing then you'd be doing more than i'have done .all i've done is change some LEDs. big whoop.

3. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I have a case with some bubble tubes on the sides.. they change colour already though :D

4. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

i have changed the LED's on all our computers... last time i buildt a comp the green and yellow led did never even light up... i replaced them before we put something in it.. :)

anyway.. i have no idea on what design i want for the window yet.. anyone got sugestions?

and as for the bubble tubes... i gave one of my last two red sunbeam leds to my dad... need to find some new superbright ones.. :blah:

5. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

nice case i saw like 50 or so of those cases at MML2.. www.millionmanlan.com think theres some pics they were alll modded... also www.eLed.com has leds for cheap where i get all of mine..

6. Hmm_nick_Hmm

For a nice looking case you could etchlike a huge ocean wave and make all the LED like dark blue, or a dark purple. And when you etch you could do multiple heights to give it a really in depth feel. that'd be cool. yep (all of this would be etched into like plexi or acrylic)

or like one of those futuristic anime scenes where a seemingly helpless girl :blush: is fighting a huge seemingly undefeatible monster:jawdrop: (that a little over the top though)

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

ok.. got my case today.. looks good.. :thumb:

i have stelthed the drives... looks good so far.. but now i need so find a nice template for a window.. i was thinking about a dragon or flames.. anyone know where i can find something i can use as a start?

8. Hmm_nick_Hmm

hey do you mean like a picture you can like cut out to make the window or are you planning on making a plexi windom ant etching a picture in it? If your etching then i found an okay drgon picture at http://www.boblayton.com/images/Dragon_illustration.jpg[/URL]
    hope this helps
    i'll keep my eyes peeled for a better one

9. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

wow! i really liked that one... i was thinking about cutting the shape of the window into something (flames or dragons or something like that), but eching it into the plex8i isn't a bad idea aftaer all... (heaper if i screw up!)

i don't now yet what i really want... just in the "collector" stadium yet...

i did find some nice tribal tatoos last night.. mabye i'll go for something like that..

10. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

ok.. took some pics today..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Crazith

Crazith What's a Dremel?

hmm I want about a dozen of those tubes that are on the side of the case for several projects :sigh:

nice though real nice :lol:

12. Hmm_nick_Hmm

Yeah those fake tattoos do have some good looking images. and when you went to cut out the window( or etch) then you could apply the tatto directly to the surface. that would definently be helpful. and the case look really good.nice choice :clap:

13. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

thanks for the comments :)

I have searched for 2 days after a good design, but i can't dfind anything that i like AND looks good as a window shape... i want the shape on the window as a dragon or something,... I don't want to make it rectangular and ech in the plexi...

14. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Smilodon... I would kick some serious arse to get a computer like that [​IMG]

15. Hmm_nick_Hmm

16. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

really? i'm not going to tell you what's on the inside then.. :D :sigh:

to find a picture and print it was my original plan, but it needs to be a clean design... just an outline if you know what i mean.. i also want the western dragon style... the chinese type has far to many details..

i want something like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the first one is the cind of style i like.. but on the original picture the tail was all wrong so i tried to make it like a V shape.. but i'm not quite happy with it yet..

the second one is wery ideal as it has pretty large "window area", but it is SOMETHING wrong about it.. :sigh:

i like the last one.. i might need to work some on that one..

of course i scrolled down.. ;) i couldn't find any "bad" pics though.. :worried: :hehe:

ohwell.. i have the wole weekend to think about this.. i won't get any masking tape until monday anyway...

oh! what color do you guys think i wnat for the lights on teh inside? blue red or green? I like all of them so..

blue: matches the light bars... it begins to get pretty usual though..

red: red and black is nice together.. and tit matches the dragon theme well... it is pretty usual though..

Green: unusual.. looks nice, but doesn't match blac THAT good... or..?

Sorry for all my questions... and thanks for the replys!! :thumb:

edit: http://www.overclockers.com/tips1018/ <---i want something like this! :thumb: :dremel:

Last edited: 19 Jul 2003
  17. Hmm_nick_Hmm

It all sounds good if you used a long slender one, then you could pu to a a right angle in a corner. i think it'll look really good. i cant wait to see it...:eeek: (no prob with the questions. thats the only way you learn)

18. Hazer

Hazer In time,you too will be relixalated

Do you want a real idea?

SVC over here in the states sell that exact case for 30USD (thats like 20 pounds) with a 400W ATX PSU. Its a very common case.

But take those 'bubble' tubes out and replace them with real tubes hooked up to a cheap aquarium pump. Make the bubbles real and actually move, and you'll be the only one with that feature.

19. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

hazer: i really like the idea! but i don't want water in my comp.... i don't feel comfortable about it. anyway... won't a aquarium pump make lots of noise?

20. maeterlinck

maeterlinck What's a Dremel?

not really they can be really quiet. bear in mind that some of the pumps people use are designed to be used in living rooms so need to be silent.
    I'm getting a MaxiJet PowerHead 1200 which is herlded to be really quiet.
    Plus if you secure all the joins in the pc then there shouldn't be any problems with leaks...