1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Planetary Annihilation Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 18 Sep 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

you use stargates to move units from planet to planet

just find a hole where the enemy is not (even if they are there you can sometimes get the gate up linked up) and send in 100 units and surprise (unless they drop a nuke on you to wipe out your force at the gate but rarely happens)

3. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Can't help but feel the game is incomplete myself as well. Me and my brother are having a blast playing it (shame he sucks, though), but I was very surprised when they announced they were launching. Makes you wonder what their motivation to do so was.

With Spacebase going the same route (only even less of a complete game), I can't help but be a little disappointed with several early access games lately.

If Pillars of Eternity isn't the best thing I have ever played, I am going to be mega bummed out.

4. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Yes, I was surprised to see it launch.

I bought it a shot while ago, played around with it for a bit and it seemed obviously unfinished and feature incomplete.

It seems that "launching the game" is a way to stop development without having to admit any fault or offer refunds.

I will look forward to seeing how much support the title receives post launch, hopefully my fears are unfounded.

With regards to Space base I just watched an informative video from Total Biscuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAd8Ls8Mwl4

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I just watched that video, not good.

I've just got another early access game, Invisible Inc. but I'm not worried as it's from Klei and they proved (to me) that they can do early access games correctly with Don't Starve.

In general early access isn't something I would tend to go for, just far too risky.

6. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

I still prefer Total Annihilation.

Tags: Add Tags