1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Black borders on monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bladesingerz, 18 Sep 2014.

1. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Hey everyone,

I'm having some problems with my QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution II, I bought 2 of them 1 month ago and 2 days ago one of the monitors suddenly had black borders on the sides, the images on the screen itself are also warped because they are still the "same size" i think.

I tried looking into the AMD Catalyst without any luck, tried switching cables from one monitor into the other and it still showed the bars.

anyone has any idea what it could be? Could the monitor be faulty?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My setup:

Asus Crosshair V
    FX-8350
    Saphire R9-290 4GB
    8GB ripjaw ram
    2x QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution II
    1x X-STAR DP2710LED 27" LED
    Running at 8082 x 1440 in Eyefinity

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

First thought for me is has a button been knocked on that screen which has adjusted the screen ratio? Or go back into CCC and use the scaling tool to adjust frame size. I have to do that every time I update my driver :(

3. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

could be the overscan option in ccc, you get this sometimes if using hdmi the overscan should be set to 0%

4. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

As said by the other guys, the chances are that it is something to do with the scaling/overscan settings in CCC. It is a PITA, I have to do it from time to time...

5. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

So I reinstalled AMD CCC and installed the newest version (which I already had) 4.10.1006
    I don't seem to be able to find any overscan slides anymore... No scaling or overscan features, any idea where they are hidden?

I also turned one of my good screens off (HDMI) and can't find an option in the CCC to turn it back on...

My "faulty' screen is plugged in via DVI-D by the way.

6. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

With my monitor plugged in via DVI I can't see overscan options either. If they're there they should be under "My Digital Flat-Panels > Scaling Options (Digital Flat-Panel)".

Do you have GPU scaling enabled under "My Digital Flat-Panels > Properties (Digital Flat-Panel)" in CCC?

7. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

GPU scaling is off on both monitors, I still can't turn on the 3th one in CCC, I'm kind off lost in the options

edit: my 3th monitor always showes HDMI power saving mode when I try to duplicate a screen to it and then turns off.

Last edited: 18 Sep 2014
  8. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Ok so I was finally able to turn on my 3th (HDMI) monitor today, I first had to dissable my 2nd DVI-D monitor and then turn on the HDMI, then finally turn the 2nd monitor back on..
    The black borders are still there though... Could it be a monitor problem?

9. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Try to isolate the problem, try the monitor with the borders on its own with your pc or plug it into a laptop or another device / system.

10. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

So I've attached my sister laptop via HDMI to the faulty monitor and set the resolution to 1080p and 1200p. both had black borders on the side or all around, at 1200p the borders looked similar to when its running on 1440p on my main computer.

I also connected my other monitor to it and did the same, first 1080p then 1200p and it didn't have any borders on it. The monitor looked like it scaled the image to the entire screen.

So... I'm assuming that the faulty monitor has a hardware problem?

11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

This might seem like a really stupid question, but since it hasn't been explicitly mentioned yet, have you tried hard resetting the monitor using the OSD?

It's the "initialize" option.

12. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

Oh my god...I finally found the option of aspect ratio in the OSD, it was under MISC.
    Thanks everyone for helping.

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Pleasure!

It's not that often I'm actually useful :p

14. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

No comment :p