1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows W7/64 update problems after W7 re-install

Discussion in 'Software' started by neil_b, 2 Oct 2014.

1. neil_b

neil_b Minimodder

I re-installed W7/64 over the weekend and initially everything seemed ok, however there’s an issue with the W7 re-install, in that the re-installed W7 will let me do most updates but WON’T let me install W7/SP1 and keeps giving error code 8024200D consistently each time.

I’ve tried downloading the Windows Update Readiness tool that MS recommend in this situation, re-booted but no difference.

It was suggested to run Microsoft Fix-it, but not only didn’t that do the trick but after a reboot, Windows now can’t seem to even DOWNLOAD the W7 SP1 let alone run it. Getting concerned about this and would welcome any advice – I really DON’T want to have re-install W7 again if I can avoid it.

Thanks.

2. neil_b

neil_b Minimodder

I've now run the MS-recommended sfc /scannow command and a full scan says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations, and I still can't get the W7 SP1 to install. Joking apart, can I manage without the SP1 update?

Any ideas?

3. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I had a very similar problem last week except it was 2 updates that refused to install no matter what I did. I ended up reinstalling again and all the updates installed without problems.

4. T2I3M

T2I3M Minimodder

Ive had this happen before, the only fix i found to work was a reinstall.

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Can you not download the sp1 iso on another pc/laptop?

I had the same issue and an SP1 disc fixed it.

6. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

^^^^^^this^^^^^

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I have previously had issues like this on Windows 7 and Windows 8 and generally I found that running the Microsoft Fixit tool found the issue, and then fixed it and after a reboot I was able to install the updates.

Just make sure before running it that the time and date are correct, as for some reason that seems to affect it as well.