1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Touch screen issues...please help!!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by matt_lumley, 11 Nov 2014.

1. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well! I was wondering if you can help. At work we have 2 reception tills which until recently worked fine. Both towers were replaced on Friday (without anyone consulting me) and now the one with a touch screen no longer works correctly.

Running windows 7 professional I believe, the PC knows it has a touch screen and it does register the touch but in the wrong places. I have tried the calibration tool but still it recognises in the wrong place. Also it appears to be functioning in a different orientation to the screen for example; if I drag my finger downwards on the screen from top to bottom towards the start bar the mouse moves from left to right.

I'm not overly familiar with touch screen so wondered if anyone had any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Matt

2. matt_lumley

Anyone? Im at work trying to sort this now!

3. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Sounds like orientation settings on the touch screen.

What model are they?

4. jebk

jebk What's a Dremel?

or a drivers issue. is the manufacturer visible on the display to check the drivers are up to date?

5. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

I'd check driver to see if there is a rotation mode or anything. Is swapping the towers over possible to rule out a PC specific setting?

6. matt_lumley

Hi all, thanks for the replies. All sorted now - the techy who installed the new towers didnt install a touch screen driver so the standard windows one was running. Found the model number and installed the windows 7 drivers! All works perfectly now. On an unrelated note sorted out why our turnstiles were only working intermittently!

Thanks all!