1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Best earphones under £20

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GTIgeneral, 18 Nov 2014.

1. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

So My current earphones have decided to give up on life and stopped working, they were the standard earphones that came with my Nokia Lumia 820, while not the best earphones around they were certainly decent and it was handy having the inline mic and button.

Now I have sennheiser IE8's which i absolutely love but the only time i use in ear earphones these days is at work and i don't fancy using my IE8's there as they would get abused.

So ideally i am looking for something on the cheaper end of the scale that i can use at work and not have to worry too much if they break.

My budget is £20 max. I listen to Rap and EDM mainly but do like some rock and indie music so would prefer some earphones with decent bass.

I have been looking at the House of Marley Jamaica Smile earphones which tend to have positive reviews and they certainly look great. these can be had for £15 at currys.

Anything else i should consider?

2. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I don't use IEMs but I've seen that soundmagic earphones have a pretty good reputation over at head-fi.org and they seem well priced too.

3. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I've been happy with Skullcandy Ink'd and Ink'd 2.0 earphones in the past.

Heard good things about these budget Monoprice earphones too. Almost worth trying for a fiver.

4. murraynt

murraynt Modder

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Soundmagic E10 are amazing for the price, but they're £30. Worth stretching your budget it you can, though. They do have a cheaper set, the ES18, at £20, but I've not tried those personally. If they're nearly as good as the E10 then you're laughing.

6. simmo0916

simmo0916 What's a Dremel?

+1 for the cx300's. I can't find anything better for the price.

7. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

+1 as well, mine broke while ago and don't want the hassle to change

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Another +1

I have the CX300 and the CX 300 II - which I bought after my wife "tidied away" the first pair, only to find them shortly afterwards.

They are selling some on feebay for £17 new, I notice.

clicky

9. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

If you don't need them to be IEMs and can cope with looking like you're listening to a Walkman in the 1980s, look no further than a pair of Koss PortaPros.

Nothing better for the money, and if you can drive them a bit they go surprisingly loud whilst keeping good quality.

I got mine for £20 on sale a while back, worth shopping around.

10. zenobia

zenobia What's a Dremel?

I have philips sport earphone. So far, it is good. I don't have problems on it.
    As far I remember, it only cost £20.