1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 18 Nov 2014.

1. balviforever

balviforever What's a Dremel?

For me i like the orange combo, dual fan, quiet and just the price could be around £80
    will match lovely with my z97x force ;)

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Yeah, man. Dig the Lambda Orange.

Everything else = disappointing.

3. DocSmileyDK

DocSmileyDK What's a Dremel?

well my thoughts is that they've gotten away with creating a beautiful case that got all the features i look for regarding to cable management, hard drive placement and the many possibilities of cooling it all.

All in all a really solid and beautiful build. Good job Be Quiet :)

4. Hudsonn

Hudsonn What's a Dremel?

I think sound insulation and anti-vibration materials are best parts of this case.

5. dant

dant What's a Dremel?

A nice case. A bit too big for a mid tower but looks pretty solid. German engineering sure did its job, amazing design, I really like it.
    Best feature in my opinion? The air circulation design and adjustable side panel vents just simply well thinking from be quiet: excellent cooling performance.

The rest of it, kinda usual stuff in cases.

6. JonessiFIN

JonessiFIN What's a Dremel?

Beautiful and looks/sounds practical too. :3

7. Lubovic

Lubovic What's a Dremel?

Hey,

I will really enjoy to have this case. IT'S amazing !
    The design is nice, I always liked black and orange.

What is the most interesting features for me ? The case is covered by a thick foam-like material specially developed by Be Quiet! !!!

8. CougarV6

CougarV6 What's a Dremel?

What i really like is the look. Combination of black and orange looks agressive in a good way.

9. Skizodu22

Skizodu22 What's a Dremel?

i just love this case for the silence !! but the orange/black is awesome :)

10. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

Nice looking case and I normally dislike orange. Would be a nice replacement for my ageing Antec 1200! (especially the dust filters).

11. MeexXxin

MeexXxin What's a Dremel?

love the design and colourtheme, its clean, enough space to make it look good and maybe throw in some watercooling. really huge fan of the dustfilters because im not a fan of cleaning my room so it get dusty sometimes. this case explained with 2 words: pure epicness

12. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

I love the detailing on the orange version.
    It's a great looking case in my opinion. I am that person who does value quietness. And this appeals to me

13. Crivil

Crivil What's a Dremel?

Fancy design and (supossed) quietness are really interesting.

14. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

My fav? Mmmmhh...the odd to win one for free! Noo Just kidding! I like a lot all these filters and the orange accents.
    Hi!

15. VaLkyR-Assassin

VaLkyR-Assassin Minimodder

There are many features of this case that I like, from the sleek design, the dust filters, decent space for a longer graphics card, plenty of fans for great cooling, removable drive cages with a much better mounting system than the one I have in my own case, sound dampening features, excellent cable management options and even little touches like being able to swap which side the door opens on, which is great for anyone who has their case on a desk, or in a corner.

For me, though, my personal 'best feature' is simply due to my own requirements at the moment, and that is being able to put in a longer graphics card than my own case can hold, as I'm currently quite limited in that regard. This is helped by a combination of the features above, as by my own admission, I'm not a great computer builder, and every little feature helps with space, but at the moment, even if I had perfect cable management and the drives were in places unobstructive to a longer card, I still don't have the basic raw space, and would have to resort to modding of the drive cage in front of the card with tin-snips.

16. Gereti

Gereti What's a Dremel?

I think that one of the best feature vs case what i own now is better fanmountin on top, and that you can remove both hdd cage's, and it look's like there is pretty good cable room on behind motherboard, it's pretty good looking case too

17. Queelis

Queelis What's a Dremel?

Looks great! There aren't THAT many silent AND spacious cases around. Both the targets for me.

18. x5pilot

x5pilot Fragile explosion

Not even if it was free! Hideous case!!

Great PSUs though.

19. KenX

KenX What's a Dremel?

I hate dusts so featuring dust fiilters is a must to me. I also like the sound insulation material, anti-vibration mounting elements, and Pure Wings 2 fans for low noise.

20. Tessarion

Tessarion What's a Dremel?

I really like the look of the case. I'm not a fan of orange but it looks great in such a small amount in addition to black. The case seems thin because of the height. So yep, nice catch for the company's first case.

Tags: Add Tags