1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

[​IMG]

How does the BL-10 hit 10 out of 11 shots?

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The reload time is so long with the BL-10 (circa 15 seconds depending on crew skills and perks) that you have to them count. Any decent ISU-152 player will try to make sure of hitting with every shot, you can't spam the battlefield in that TD.

It is worth it though, look at the damage caused.

3. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I was just shocked by how many of my shots hit, the ghost of Stalin was on my side that match.

4. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

So, I just took part in my first battle which was 8 mins long, I lasted 2:41.

I just went into it to poke my nose about, lasted much longer than I thought I would, got a few shots off with none hitting, but 41 points were scored with my help, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Is there a single player kinda free mode I can just tool about in to get a feel for it what I'm not seeing??

5. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I think there is trainer somewhere. They is also practice mode, but it's only you in there, unless you can find someone to enter with you . Best advice find someone to platoon with you and run you through the game mechanics a bit. It's very simple once you get the jist of it.

Top tips:
    Bushes give extra camo
    The machine guns at tiers 1 & 2 are amazing. Use right click to auto aim and then drive around firing until your target is dead = instant 1v1 kill.

Get yourself a pnz 1 c and have some fun.

6. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Welcome to one of the lines that only masochists play nowadays. Tier 3 is cute, tier 5 is lovely, tier 9 is a minor form of awesome, but tier 4 is suckage, tier 6 is slightly worse suckage, tier 7 is uber suckage, tier 8 is "alright", and tier 10 which used to be the reward is nerfed so hard the tank could bounce 30 meters for every 50 meters it's dropped (thanks to the direct nerf and also the introduction of the waffle).

Also be prepared for the trollage that is the tier 6-9 top guns. Tier 6-8 your top gun will actually perform worse than your second-to-top gun, and tier 9 you keep the top gun you had in tier 8 (easiest tier 9 stock grind at least). No high damage rolls for you, and it doesn't even reload that fast. At the very least, you probably don't need to use gold rounds at all with any of the tanks in the line since the pen on your normal rounds will nearly always be sufficient to punch through the tanks you face (tier 5 can make you a lot of money if you use the stock gun).

That said, if.... IF you survive to tier 9 (where I'm at) or at least tier 8. You find yourself in what basically amounts to a medium without a turret but with ridiculous frontal armor (for a medium) and pretty good gun handling. I have no idea how the tier 10 will perform, but I like my Foch :). Here's a recent replay of awesome to lighten your spirits after that impromptu rant:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1341498?secret=493ffb5938d9459c2f372785cc817bd4

Last edited: 18 Nov 2014
  7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Play style really depends which tank you went with each have there pros and cons

MS1 - Slow, low HP but strong gun
    LolTraktor, average gun, best spotting range
    T1, fastest and has a stupidly powerful machine gun but needs to be close enough to use it
    FT01 (French and japanese) Slow, but with decent armour
    Otsu Same as the FT01
    Medium 1 Big gun but a big soft target too.

To be honest though look more at the tanks further up the trees to see what you want to play.

As lance said the PZ1c is great, runs around like a child on blue samrties and will ruin arty and TDs beware though it will get pulled into tier 5 games so youll play with KV's etc so speed is your friend you can out turn them and their slow traverse on the gun and tankmeans you should be able to avoid them. Just make sure you learn the art of jumping safely or youll be a sitting duck if it goes wrong and you loose a track.

8. Mumbie

Mumbie What's a Dremel?

Aw a WoT topic. :) I'm playing since the closed beta with breaks. just returned 2 months ago and can't stop grinding. :) Have you seen the december missions? Nonstop grind!

9. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

from FTR, "T-34-85M" mission looks easy one for me with x5 event, kind of same as SP misssion. :D

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Does look to be a winner that mission.

Had some horrible games last night teams of blinkered lemmings all hairing off in the same direction.

Also got accused firstly of hacking then by the same people of unfair play. To be fair i didnt noticed this till post match, I got three kills and that was a whole platoon (surely that should be a medal in its self). The kicked off saying I was playing unfairly if they want to stick a Chaffee or Type64 in front of my BL10 im not going to cry?

I am gettign tired though of the player skill level or rather lack of. You can actually see the level change. I was on a half day ill yesterday so hid in bed with the laptop. About 4PM big influx of users on both servers and terrible games till about 11PM then it picked up. Cannot wait for skill based matchmaking to come into effect!

11. Mumbie

Mumbie What's a Dremel?

I'm sad i was away for almost a year and missed the is6 and SP missions, especially the SP because it would be awesome to train the patton and t69 crew in it.

12. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

I need a Tank/Gun with clip of 50 shells to carry battles :wallbash:

[​IMG]

13. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Walker Bulldog?

14. Risky

Risky Modder

I need to get on with my T37 and pick up the M41 over Christmas with the discounts

15. Mumbie

Mumbie What's a Dremel?

I'm 40k xp away from the t71 i hope i will like it. What do you guys think about the Super Pershing btw? Worth the money? Or should i stick with the e4 sherman for crew training?

16. Risky

Risky Modder

It's not as good a crew trainer for me as the Fury. You could always get the Ram as a cheap Prem for an extrad double each day.

Either way there are discounts on Prem tanks over Christmas/New Year.

17. Mumbie

Mumbie What's a Dremel?

Yeah this is the reason why i'm thinking about buying the SP, but it's bit costy just for crew training. For moneymaker i have t34 heavy and i'm doing the first win with pershing crew in the e4 sherman but it's a really bad tank.

18. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

The T21 is a joke from my experience of it but that was against the old chaffee. The T71 is infinitely better when FU'd.

Anyone with any sense sold the SP when they offered refunds on it after they changed the spaced armour. If you need a premium tank; as above I would look at the Christmas specials to see of there is going to be a special offer soon.

19. Risky

Risky Modder

All the premiums that are normally for sale will should be on discount from the 24th See FTR

20. Risky

Risky Modder

Some of you will know of the site WoT stats site www.vbaddict.net that allows you so get some really detailed stats provided you get your battle results uploaded (this is done with an uploader app that runs after bettle, uploading old replays will not do).

In any case there have been a few cool updates recently:

New Signatures that show the solo/platoon
    [​IMG]

History of your ttier/Type/nation/mode share:
    http://www.vbaddict.net/battlesummary/veryrisky-eu-18448d35b99a514e86ade88688890d76

You progress on Mastery and MoE badges
    http://www.vbaddict.net/moe-marks-of-excellence/veryrisky-eu-18448d35b99a514e86ade88688890d76

and a few more fun stuff for people interested in statistics of their play rather than just one WN8 number!