1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Exploring CPU Cooler Design and Testing with Cooler Master

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 28 Nov 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Troglodyte

Troglodyte What's a Dremel?

Looking forward maybe moreso to the PSU tour. Very interesting article and whilst Coolermaster would be my first choice for case maybe not so much for CPU coolers. Would love to see Bit-tech with a similar testing system ; hope this happens !!

3. Xir

Xir Modder

Trying to get the physics here.

To have the water enter the gasphase at 30°C they're running at ~0,05 Bar I guess.
    As long as it it "boiling" the temperature cannot rise. But coolers don't run at 30°C... hmmmm

Well, the steam does change the pressure inside the heatpipe...rising pressure (>0,05 Bar) means higher boiling point. Recondensating steam lowers the pressure, and means a lower boiling point.

So somewhere we have a point of equilibrium....but at more than 30°.

right? :D

Ooooh, unless there's very little water in the system, so little that none of it is liquid. if all fluid inside the heatpipe is in gasphase than we're...iso..errrr...constant volume...changing pressure...
    My god it's been long since I've had Thermodynamics :brrr:

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I'm no physicist, but wouldn't 30 mbar be closer to a gas phase @30°C
    The cooler wouldn't be running at 30°C only the heat pipe closest to the heat source would need to hit 30°C some of the heat pipe needs to remain under that to allow for recondensing.

Tags: Add Tags