1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple seeds new Yosemite beta with Wi-Fi fix

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 5 Dec 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

3. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

My Mac hasn't been affected by this issue, but my iPhone has. It frequently stalls on loading pages via WiFi, fixed by flicking airplane mode on/off. Never happened before iOS 8, so I assume it's the same culprit as the handover stuff is cross platform between iOS and OS X.

4. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Ah, good to know it's an OS issue, my wife has been slowly going nuts with the constant Wi-Fi outages on her Macbook Air since the upgrade to yosemite. Hopefully they get a more mainstream fix available soon, can't be arsed to meddle with anything beta and/or sign-ups.

5. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

**** Apple.

I have had enough with them, you would think with such a limited product range that they could manage to release an operating system that wasn't a total pile of ****.

We are rocking 10.9.5 at work and SMB is still ****ed despite it being the primary protocol used over Apples own AFP standard. We have had to purchase a software layer to get all the iMacs to play with the users storage. The last 6 months has been nothing but user library errors, corrupt user drives and shitty excuses from Apple. *Rant*

6. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

"It just works"

:p

7. Robert Tarabella

Robert Tarabella What's a Dremel?

The wifi is working much better for me. The 10.10.2 beta also fixes some other broken features in Mail.