1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Wading through treacle.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 19 Dec 2014.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I suddenly noticed that I seem to be wading through treacle in Far Cry with sprinting decidedly not, speech was also out of sink. Just thought that it need tweaking and something I put off till tomorrow until I fired up Portal 2 and movement was slow also. The same in Far Cry 4 with issues with the sound also.

They only thing to have changed was an update to Geforce experience, This is a tricky program to uninstall so I used Driver sweeper and removed all things Nvidia after downloading latest driver.

Reinstalled driver and Geforce experience and immediate got an update available message which I declined.

Result games are running as they should. So if anyone is having a similar issue then this might be the answer.

2. jebk

jebk What's a Dremel?

Geforce experience has a habit of randomly turning on shadowplay with updates, so I'd have checked that first, but your way will work too

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I was having issues with something recently, can't remember what game it was now, but the solution was to remove Geforce experience, and like you, it solved it completely.

Might have been Minecraft (flickering textures), can't be sure. Seen it mentioned in The Crew support forums too.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Coincidently I cannot turn on Shadowplay now so reverted to Fraps. I did have it on but had no issues with it until the Geforce experience update.

5. creative

creative 500rwhp

interesting.... I also updated the driver and Geforce yesterday and encounted crashing games. Re installed the previous driver and all good again.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I had a driver update some months ago now which for some odd reason totally killed Portal 2 a game I have wasted a lot of time playing. OK now mind but it was quite a while before I could play it again.